had my very successful 2nd homebirth!!

nanomey

Reaction score
hello ladies!

i was 38+2 and just for a laugh had the 28th written in my diary (3 months ago!) for a very appropriate date to have my homebirth, my mum had even put it in hers and planned the day off - just incase our predictions were correct.

the morning of the 28th i had 'strong braxtons' from 3am - they were not painfull but very regular (every 2-3mins) and by 1pm the next day they had calmed down to 1 every 10minutes but stepped up a notch and became 'slightly uncomfortable' - midwife came and checked to see if it was the start of things. i was 3cm but she warned me it could all stop for a few days but to call if my waters broke (apprently they were bulging through my cervix!) or if the contractions got painfull and 5 minutes apart.

I carried on the day amusing my 3 daughters and doing housework, my mum and sister came over to help and my partner even came home from work incase things started to happen very quickly (4th baby!) they were all planned to be there as birthing partners.
the contractions began to get even more uncomfortable and slowly became a little more frequent, every 7-8mins. after putting the girls to bed i decided i should time them and realised that they were attually more like - 3 in 3 minutes, a break for 3 minutes and then one stronger one - a little bit confused i called the midwife telling her ''but they dont hurt!'' and she said she wanted to come see me again..

at 8pm midwife said i was 5cm, she asked me if i wanted my waters breaking i said id like to do that as was quite fustrated by this point! she told me baby felt a good 7.5 - 8lb, i was a little freaked out id only had 6.10-7lb babies before lol.
contractions started immediatly every 2 minutes and they got stronger every 10minutes so by 9pm the 2nd midwife was called and i was well on the way!

i leaned on my mum while my partner rubbed my back, they were back to back - and by the time one was easing off the next was starting. i asked for gas and air at 10pm as i felt i needed something to ''take the edge off''
the next bit went very quick,
i remember wanting to get on all fours (living room birth!) and leant over the couch, i told my mum '' i just cant do this much longer they are really f***king hurting now!!'' mum giggled and told me not much longer now, i said ''it had better be today!'' the midwife then asked me to tell her when i felt the contraction change i said '' about now!!!!'' the pushing pain was completely different from my others, it was very intense.
and the next thing i know my sister said she could see the head!
i pushed until the contaction ended and panted through the next one and horray little Tyler Frankie was born at 10.25pm on 28.10.10 12 days early.

as he came out there was apparenly a ''tidal wave'' of waters and they whooshed out and off the mat and started running down the living room lol, lucky i have laminate and couldnt see anyway, everyone jumped up and started grabbing towells and jumping out the way, lol!

i was helped onto the couch and held my little man whilst the placenta was delivered, family was called and midwifes had cups of tea and birthday cake whilst i fed him. i had no rips or grazes just some bad piles (sorry if tmi lol).
finally he was weighed in at 6.12 which i couldnt believe id thought he'd be my biggest, must have been the waters! by this time it was midnight and the midwifes left and i was ready for bed!

very quick and very chilled, but by far the most painfull 2nd stage out of all my children!
total labour time from established -
3hrs05min. 2nd (pushing) stage only being 5min and 2 pushes wooohooo.
apgar score 10.

Wow how lovely, it's sounded like quite a fast intense labour! Congrats on your little boy - his sisters must be so proud of him!

congrats hun! I have those type of labours and the pushing stage is intense; over quickly though!

Many congratulations!! I love the "tidal wave" bit! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->