Had Pediatrician & Speech Language Appointment (update)

Tommee

Reaction score
DS saw his Pediatrician for the first time today. Poor DS smiled at him to start with then as the appointment progressed he was in tears after he weighed and measured him then listened to his chest :cry:

He has referred him for further appointments with the Speech & Language team (which we already have this week). He is contacting Portage for us, Hearing tests (dreading this one he'll hate it). Also the Educational Psychologists. Nursery sessions were mentioned for when he is older. He said that he wants all the reports from these people then may need to get the Autism team involved.

He was a lovely man very helpful and kind but when he mentioned developmental delay and learning difficulties etc I just broke down :cry: I knew that DS wasn't like 'typical' children of his age but hearing it from the professionals breaks your heart..I feel so low at the moment.

He promised us that he would help us and get us the help that we need to help our DS. I trust him and he didn't say anything I didn't already know but still..

Blood tests weren't mentioned?? (I'm dreading that also). He said that I was well informed (yes thanks to this forum and the internet).

We see him again in 6 months time so I pray that we have some improvements by then with DS.

Just thought I'd share.

xx

Hi Hun congrats on being taken seriously!

Blood test- my ds had these too it's routine hun :)
Hope the speach therpy goes well x

:hugs: I know how you feel I'm dreading my lo appointment each day is getting harder. Glad your getting the help he needs though :flower:

explain to the staff about blood tests they should be very understanding and get it over with fast xx

You will be ok, its so daunting and scary and its natural to feel a bit low. xxx

Thanks ladies :)

No blood tests were not mentioned at all ? I know all of you have had them but nothing was said to me at all about any blood tests..I though it was standard to do them?

We had our first speech & language appointment today, she said that DS is to young to DX with ASD which DH & I believe he has, it was a bit non eventful really she referred us to early intervention under 3's so we're on yet another waiting list. TBH I felt it was all a bit rushed she was running late & never really listened to anything I said & I felt a bit deflated at the end but at least we've got more help to come. Just waiting for the mountain of appointments.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->