Had Pediatrician's appointment to discuss Autism

LoveleeB

Reaction score
I've just come back from the Pediatrician's office and I'm not sure what I feel. I was concerned that my DS was showing signs of Autism and was regressing (no longer consistently pointing with index finger, no longer able to nest cups, not playing with toys anymore) but the Doctor feels that he is fine. My DH was there too and he has always said he thinks DS is fine so everything I said to the Dr., he disagreed so I'm not sure if that influenced her.

The Dr. said my DS is on the slow end of normal for some development but just to continue to work with him and see if he regains some of the skills he has lost.

I just don't know how to feel now. I don't know whether to trust my judgment or whether my judgment was wrong! :shrug:

I should feel relieved but I just feel confused.

I would see health visitor alone without DH and just speak your fears, we didnt go through GP with my son it was all done through HV xx

No experience with autism but have just been through the whole rOller coaster ride of is there something wrong and it's horrible. I went with instinct and kept pushing until I felt satisfied - big hugs xxx

When I called Josh's pediatrician when I was concerned, she said there was no concerns to have, that he was fine. I knew there was something wrong, so I changed pediatrician and she saw what I saw too. He was immediately referred into child psychiatry for an evaluation. He was diagnosed with PDD-NOS, which means he's on the spectrum.

Don't wait, don't listen to others. If you have a gut feeling there is something, fallow your instincts. What's the worst that can happen? When taken in charge rapidly, their chances of success and improvement are much better. So many people told me I was crazy and that he was fine and that I was freaking out for nothing. I'm so glad I didn't listen to them.

Hugs and good luck hun xxx:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->