Had quite a few drinks in the week before getting a bfp...

Dani_Ldn

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have been worrying about this a bit & thought that there must be others in the same situation.

Basically, I got my bfp this weekend, but have been drinking a bit this past week. I went to a party last Saturday (I would have conceived the Wednesday 3 days beforehand) & had quite a bit of sparkling wine (a bottle) & 2 shots, plus maybe 2 very small glasses of wine. I had taken a hpt before going out & it was negative, so I figured it hadn't worked this month. I also went out with my girlfriends on this past Wednesday (when af was due) & had about 3 glasses of wine, was not drunk or tipsy & when my friend got another bottle, something told me not to have anymore.

So after that long winded explanation, has anyone else been in the situation where they have had alcohol before knowing they were pg? Obv I will not be touching the stuff from now on, but am a little worried about what I have consumed this past week :(

I wouldn't worry. i got a little drunk a week before i got my bfp. because i had been trying awhile i pretty much thought f*** it, i'm due on on my birthday anyway there no way i'm going to get a positive so i had a fair bit to drink, turned out i was pregnant. i would been 3 weeks at the time, but baby is fine. i'm not 14 weeks and my midwife dose not seem conserned at all. baby's growing normally.

I'd try not to worry... I got WASTED at a friend's birthday before getting my bfp with my first and she is fine... I worried a ton after finding out! And she has hit all the milestones just fine.

OH and i were not trying to conceive and baby was a complete surprise. I drank a few times before finding out i was expecting (found out at about six Weeks) I'm die soon and i have had a totally normal pregnancy. I even got lucky and haven't had any morning sickness, no swollen feet, etc. very easy pregnancy for me!! Hehe.
Try not to worry, odds are you haven't hurt the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->