Had some bloodwork done

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
Had some blood work done to try and get down to the reason of these irregular periods as we are trying to conceive.

Thyroid came back normal. Prolactin was 28.7 and the progesterone was .7

She said the prolactin was slightly elevated and the progesterone was alittle low. Should the progesterone be alittle low pre ovulation though?

She gave prescription for ten days worth of progesterone to induce a period. Not exactly sure why as the last period was feb 2

Thinking of trying vitex to be regular and help conceive

From my understanding, progesterone peaks 7dpo, not on day 21 since not all women ovulate on day 14. When testing to confirm ovulation, the 7dpo is what counts. Not sure why she would test at another time. That being said progesterone is low before ovulation , peaks 7dpo, and drops right before af. The spike of progesterone is from the corpus luteum after ovulation.

My doctor is doing some bloodworm on me, too! I should be getting it back either tomorrow or Thursday.

I am very confused with these numbers. If I look at some charts online her numbers are within range.

Her ovulation kit said she was peak which means it was before ovulation she had the blood work done. So .7 should be normal.

Some charts say up to 29 on the prolactin is normal.

Anyone have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->