Had Sweep, Lost Bits of plug... can we DTD?

laura_2010

Reaction score
I had a sweep Weds last week and Back up 2mro since then lost blood and lots of what could be mucus plug, I was 2cm dilated and soft 1cm cervix and central.. is this good, and means this are moving? and also is it ok to DTD?

I wouldn't, I would have thought it could introduce infection if you're dilated and had sweep? Not positive though. Although I can't imagine why you would want to when you're so close lol xx

Yes you can. Aslong as ur waters havent gone or are leaking (as thats when infection can occur) Most midwives who give sweeps will encourage lots of walking and dtd if possible. I had a sweep last year in my last pregnancy and although it didn't send me straight into labour, I lost my bloody show (it was huge) and had contractions but was induced 4 days later due to pre eclampsia anyway. This time I will b getting sweeps starting at 38 weeks hopefully xx

As long as your waters are intact it is still a closed environment so DTD is fine

Thankyou for the info... I wanna get things moving a lil more.. But did read you can dtd but wasnt 100% but No deffo water's havent gone yet.. roll on 2mro sweep... :flower:

Thankyou for the info... I wanna get things moving a lil more.. But did read you can dtd but wasnt 100% but No deffo water's havent gone yet.. roll on 2mro sweep... :flower:

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->