Had the d&c and I'm all back to normal!!

Omi

A Mummy At Last!
Reaction score
HI everyone! (warning: this is a bit long :)

I just thought I'd give you all an update on how my d&c went... I'll just start by saying i feel like a new person and thanks for all the kind thoughts and advice ive gotten here dont think i could have gone through it w/you!

I had the d&c scheduled for friday morning. Thursday morning i started cramping and i had some light spotting.. i felt really awful but it sort of tapered off towards the evening..although i still had cramps on and off.

thursday night i woke up at 2.30 am and i had absolutely terrible(!!) cramps every three minutes. this went on for the next 7 hours. i can honestly say i have never experiences pain on this magnitute and the bleeding was unlike anything i have ever experienced. it was agony!!! ( I even contemplated never having sex again, lol!! )

i had a scan at 9, still bleeding heavily, i was given pills so loosen the cervix buti had already dilated 1cm by then which is good as d&c would be less invasive ( they dont have to force the cervix open). At this point i was in a small room w/2 beds and i was well taken care of by the midwives. 2 hours later i spoke to the ansesthesiologist , doctor and attending theatre nurse and midwife. I was explained everything in detail. I was still in absolute agony when wheeled in and i have never looked forward to being pumped full of drugs as I was then :) it was like a wave of peace and i just smiled contently and thats the last i can remember...:)

i woke up in the recovery room and -no pain, nothing! i had the odd twinge now and then and was given some paracetomol while i came out of anesthetic..felt sort of drunk and sleepy. I was contastantly monitored and checked, all was well.. wheeled down to recovery saw my OH (sooo nice!!:)) and given a roll and a cup of tea.

to finish off, i felt well enough to go home and the midwife who had been with me from the morning came through checked me again, told me i would ovulate in 3-4 weeks and that if we wanted we can try again right away!!

she was really lovely, told us she'd gone through the same thing and she knew what is was like. She gave us both a hug and said hopefully she'd see us again in the labour ward!!

I know this has been really long, but i just wanted everyone to know that although the miscarriage was godawful.. i have never gone through such absolutely terrible pain etc.. the d&c was a godsend. I feel like back to normal both physically and mentally.. im now looking forward to the future and able to look back at this episode as just bad luck and a growing experience.

My muscles are a bit sore and i have a sligt to normal period bleed but no pain and i honestly feel like ive been through hell and back but the sun is smiling on me again!!! :happydance:

Just wanted to add i have been warned i could feel differently and down in the future, and i accept that as i do realise i sound scearily chipper for someone who has gone through all this.. i just wanted to share the journey and give some insight into an awful situation- i know everyone feels different and hopefully I'll I'll keep on feeling positive.. if i dont i do know where I can go fro support...:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry that you had to go through all that. It sounds like your mid wife was a god sent. So glad that the sun is shinning down on you again. :dust: comming your way.

I am so sorry that you had to go through all that. It sounds like your mid wife was a god sent. So glad that the sun is shinning down on you again. :dust: comming your way.

thanx so much.. i was worried as no one posted that maybe i came off a bit crazy, sort of 'too up' about it all.. but im just happy to feel more like my old self again and not in pain.. thats all..:hugs:

:hugs: glad you are feeling better, sweet. so sorry you had to go through something like that, but nice to know you are getting back to normal and will be trying soon with a positive attitude. I wish you all the best of luck :)

I'm glad all of it went well and you're feeling so good!! Wishing you lots of sticky luck for next time!

Omi,

I was thinking of you on Friday. It sounds like you had a tough old time, but I'm so pleased to hear you sounding a bit brighter! Of course you will still have down days, that's only to be expected. But you can start recovering physically and emotionally now which is fantastic.

Lots of hugs and get well vibes! Keep us posted on how you're doing!

:hugs:

:hugs: Glad you are feeling better but so sorry you had to go through that. Your MW sounds like a wonderful person.

I was thinking of you on Friday hun, so sorry you've had to go through that. A positive outlook is great though. Obvs you'll have down days but its only to be expected.

Hope everything goes well for you in future :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->