Had the once over today

Gemie

Mum to 3
Reaction score
Hi guys, Just thought I'd update and tell you how it went with the nurse.
I had my blood preassure taken which was a bit high and she took it again after waiting a wehile it had come down somewhat (145/84 which I didn't think was too high :-/) but she wants me to go and have it checked on Wednesday just in case... she seemed more worried about the blood pressure than my weight which has increased a lot since I gave up smoking 8 months ago... I'm gutted b/c I'm quite over weight and I lost 4 stone just before I gave up but put it all back on when I quit. :growlmad:
She said I might need tablets for the blood pressure but I can still take them while preggo so that's okay.
I asked when I could start ttc and she said when my bp is sorted there is no harm trying right away as stopping the pill and ttc right away is fine.... I'm getting so excited now! and so nervous! I've only done this once before and that was when I was young and naive 15 years ago lol
I'm glad I joined this forum for support.... I sure need it! x

Ooo - well done on having your 'MOT', I had mine on Tuesday and go back for blood tests on Monday, it's very exciting, isn't it?! :happydance:

I'm sure they can sort your blood pressure, and if you did want to lose a bit of weight, that would probably help it, too. I hope you get it all sorted soon and HUGE WELL DONE for quitting smoking!!! That is no small acheivement and you should be very proud of yourself!! :thumbup:

xx

i'm glad your appointment went well and you got the all clear to ttc soon!

your bp is quite high, between prehypertension and stage 1 hypertension, but tbh just being in a doctors surgery raises most peoples blood pressure by a few points so really its not that much over the healthy range, and easily corrected, i managed to get mine down within a couple of months just by not adding salt to food and cutting out fizzy drinks

again, i'm glad it went well for you and i hope you have the best of luck when you do start ttc

Thank you so much! It is so exciting!

I really think I can reduce my bp too, I'm healthy eating an really trying to look after myself not only for me now but our impending baby (that sounds strange!)
I'm dreading cutting out my beloved chocolate! The things we do eh?!

I'm sure I can help myself out a bit though :)

i know what you mean, i joined a gym and the thing that keeps me going (everyday like a good member) is the thought that i'll be healthy when i want to ttc, its the only thought that keeps me going while dying on the crosstrainer!

i doubt you'll miss the chocolate when you get your bfp!

i know what you mean, i joined a gym and the thing that keeps me going (everyday like a good member) is the thought that i'll be healthy when i want to ttc, its the only thought that keeps me going while dying on the crosstrainer!

i doubt you'll miss the chocolate when you get your bfp!

I know what you mean, it becomes easier when it's not just for you!

When I get my bfp then I really will know it was all worth it! :happydance:

I used to go to the gym, when I could (I have MS) I couldn't go as often as I wanted anyway. But then I started to get bad panic attacks :( I tried the work out dvd's at home but they get boring everyday, so I'm at a bit of a loss on the exercise front.
I'm just having to do all I can without... I'm sure I'll be fine!

i'm sure you'll be fine aswell, when i spoke to the nurse at my surgery she said the main things were little changes like not adding salt to food, reducing sugar and just adding little bits of exercise when you can, like walking to the shops instead of the bus, and i've managed to lower my bp from 140/89 to 127/84 in just 3 months from cutting out extra salt and sugar, and a little bit of extra exercise so its deffinatly doable, and it's only the top number on your bp thats over so it should be easy for you!

i'm sure you'll be fine aswell, when i spoke to the nurse at my surgery she said the main things were little changes like not adding salt to food, reducing sugar and just adding little bits of exercise when you can, like walking to the shops instead of the bus, and i've managed to lower my bp from 140/89 to 127/84 in just 3 months from cutting out extra salt and sugar, and a little bit of extra exercise so its deffinatly doable, and it's only the top number on your bp thats over so it should be easy for you!

Thank you for the encouragement :) You're right, I'm sure I'll be fine, it's the little things that make the big difference! Glad you're doing okay too x

Well done on the quitting smoking!

I have never had high blood pressure but had to go on blood pressure tablets (beta blockers) for my migranes. These did make me a bit dizzy & tingly but thats because my blood pressure was normal & these tablets lower it. I am a bit of a walking disaster.

Hope they get everything sorted for you.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->