had to stop bfing

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by FsMummy, Dec 19, 2009.

1. FsMummy

FsMummy single mum to 4 cuties

hi. ive been away for a few weeks. virgin media messed our internet up :hissy: so i havent been able to get on for a while. anyways i had an ear infection since the day before the twins were born so put off taking antibiotics as i would have to stop bfing for a bit. well i got sick of being deaf in 1 ear so i took the antibiotics and had to stop bfing for TEN days!!! it was horrible, i missed it so much. i was expressing every 2 hours the whole time, it was a nightmare. ive started bfing again but now im full time at work again doing 8 day weeks while oh is off sick with a bad back (bloody men :doh:) and pumping while im at worl. its exhausting lol the worst thing is that as soon as i stopped bfing they both got chest infections and are really poorly:( and the antibiotics didnt even do anything, i still have a dodgy ear lol

2. kirst1805

kirst1805 Mum of Gemma Rose

:hugs: bless ya hun. :hugs:

xx

3. Lara+sam+bump

Lara+sam+bump Well-Known Member

Im sorry to hear that, I know how it feels when you stop before your ready :(. How comes you couldn't BF whilst on antibiotics? Ive had several courses since Noah was born and nothing happened. Doc said he might get the runs, but he never has. I had a serious uterine infection due to a manual removal. xx

4. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

Aww, you poor thing! :hugs:

5. FsMummy

FsMummy single mum to 4 cuties

it was becase of the penicilin in them apparently. doc said they are too strong.

6. avabear73

avabear73 Mum to Finlay

You are so dedicated, your girls are very lucky to have you :thumbup:

Hope you feel better soon :hugs: