Haemorrhoids :/

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I've heard that these are very common in pregnancy and I've managed to make it to 36 weeks without getting any but one appeared the other day and it is aggravating me, its not so much painful but more uncomfortable. I've never had them before and was wandering if anyone has any useful tips to get rid of them or if there is any over the counter treatments? I know if I contact my midwife she will be able to answer this question but I'm a bit too embarrassed! X

Germaloids cream is good, some people also recomend witch hazel which is less embarrasing to buy i guess as not specifically for piles. :-/

Germaloids cream is good, some people also recomend witch hazel which is less embarrasing to buy i guess as not specifically for piles. :-/

Thank you, I'm laid up in bed at the moment with a bad kidney so I shall send hubby tomorrow :) do you hav any idea how long germaloids takes to work?

I used witch hazel and it worked in just a few days!! also try soaking in a warm bath to relieve the discomfort. And when possible, lay on your side rather than sitting on your bum

Germaloids usually works within a day or 2 i believe.

Thanks ladies... It seems to of gotten worse overnight (ewww!) got my friend bringing some cream down for me soon. The joys of pregnancy eh?

Watch hazel works well as does zinc cream. Sitz bath soaks also help. Lots of fibre & water.

I've heard that these are very common in pregnancy and I've managed to make it to 36 weeks without getting any but one appeared the other day and it is aggravating me, its not so much painful but more uncomfortable. I've never had them before and was wandering if anyone has any useful tips to get rid of them or if there is any over the counter treatments? I know if I contact my midwife she will be able to answer this question but I'm a bit too embarrassed! X

I'm the same as you, hadn't had them through out the whole pregnancy and then i get one, was so embarrassed about going into boots to ask what cream to use. But i did it and i just got their own brand cream and within the time it says on the box, it had gone :) not had any since *touches wood*

I feel your pain! I'm using anusol, it's really helping..... I ordered it on Boots online....didn't have the balls to go in the shop! Lol

I've got some preparation H... Fingers crossed it does the trick because I'm sooo uncomfortable :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->