• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair crisis

Angel

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you have had your hair dyed during pregnancy?There is soo much conflicting information about this out there.I am busting to get my hair done (I am naturally a brunette but have been blonde for years),I am starting to look like a hobo.I didn't get it done through my whole first pregnancy and I hate the photos of me when Michael was first born.

Check out the 1st Tri Section. There has been alot of post about Dying hair. Good Luck Hun. :hugs:

It is safe to get foils done to your hair. But it is not wise to get your hair dyed directly down to the root. That goes for bleaching as well. I got mine done last month but the foils didn't go to the roots and it still turned out fine!!

You can dye your hair - not too close to birth date I believe and use foils for lightening. I dyed mine a few weeks ago it didn't take well though so one thing to be aware of is that being pregnant can effect the 'result'.

Some of the other girls will have some better info on this & Layla was a hairdresser.

Here the thread I started:
https://www.babyandbump.com/showthread.php?t=719

All hairdressers seem to disagree on things like this. I have been told it's completely fine, except from beginning/end of pregnancy, I've heard it's not safe at all, and that it's fine throughout your pregnancy.. pretty confusing. I had mine done only a few times throughout mine (highlights) and it was fine, but I wouldn't recommend too many trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->