Hair Dye

jenny82

Reaction score
I know its safe in pregnancy, but are there certain brands/ingredients I should or shouldn't use. Like ammonia etc??

Also, was going to do it tonight, and have plans to go swimming on friday. THis is ok, right?? Wouldn't want to end up with green hair!!

If your planning on going blonde i wouldnt go swimming lol.

I have only been told bout ammonia, but when i tried to dye my hair (permanent) It washed out in a few days, hairdresser said that when your pregnant you lose or gain oils in your hair cant remember which just meant it wouldnt take to my hair :(

So I have to wait till she is born and just sit here with horrible roots !! argh hahaha x

I'm going to go darker, so I should be ok then!

My hair has never taken to colour - it only ever lasts a short time, so I'll assume it'll last even shorter this time!

my hair doesnt take to colour atm :( its awful lol so decided to get it cut really short :p

All the hair dyes in asda contained ammonia!!! Every single brand :/

I ended up getting garnier nutrisse, which does contain ammonia, although it doesn't say anywhere on the box or leaflet about avoiding whilst pregnant. Its fine though, isn't it??

it should be fine just apply it in a well ventalated area so that your not inhaling as many fumes :D xxxx

It should be ok, my hairdresser who is also pregnant said they are fine so long as you use with all the windows open and to avoid putting it on right to the roots so that it minimises the amount that touches your scalp. You should be ok if it's a darker dye too, so long as it hasn't got peroxide in it you should be ok. hth x

I did unfortunately get some on my scalp - I couldn't work out how close to go, but dye didn't touch my skin elsewhere and I went and stood outside while it was soaking in so I'd be in fresh air.

Loooooove my new colour - it was just what I needed :D

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3465/3861819378_ace96026d6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->