hair dye

Thanks Jodes, I´m lucky I don´t highlight anyway as my natural colour is so dark it repels everything except dark brown or black. I once tried bleaching it and dying it red but it only went as far as dark Orange.
I agree Storm we can´t do everything right and it is important to feel good about yourself, especially with raging hormones!! I would die if I couldn´t dye.

I dye mine about once a month and run a color refresher through it every two weeks.

I've had 4 children and whilst i was pregnant with all 4 i was told not to use foils because you are very sensitive when pregnant and you can get an allergic reaction. The hairdressers i know are well against using foils whilst pregnant but its up to you Nat my love. I even asked my GP and she said no to foils just to be on the safe side. I would say no to the highlights and yes to the dye xxxx

I've not been told that - is it because your hair reacts differently and its bad for your hair? Not sure how it would be harmful to the baby as the actual dye isn't anywhere near your scalp?

Nat you can't have highlights whilst pregnant

my hairdresser says its fine to highlight when pregnant, just dont go right to the root/scalp. theres loads of pregnant celebs that still dye their hair when pregnant, so I dont think its true that you cannot (used to be not recommended years ago but formulations have changed)

I've had 4 children and whilst i was pregnant with all 4 i was told not to use foils because you are very sensitive when pregnant and you can get an allergic reaction. The hairdressers i know are well against using foils whilst pregnant but its up to you Nat my love. I even asked my GP and she said no to foils just to be on the safe side. I would say no to the highlights and yes to the dye xxxx

I've not been told that - is it because your hair reacts differently and its bad for your hair? Not sure how it would be harmful to the baby as the actual dye isn't anywhere near your scalp?

I didnt say anything about harming the baby because it doesn't harm the baby in any way shape or form!!!!!! I said it can cause a allergic reaction to the skin/scalp but i suppose it can happen whether you are pregnant or not. Some women are fine and some are not. From my experience my head was ultra sensitive whilst pregnant.

Nat you can't have highlights whilst pregnant

my hairdresser says its fine to highlight when pregnant, just dont go right to the root/scalp. theres loads of pregnant celebs that still dye their hair when pregnant, so I dont think its true that you cannot (used to be not recommended years ago but formulations have changed)

i quite agree but i'm just going off what i've been told by my doctors and hairdresser :shrug: who knows eh!!!

I have worried about the same thing! I have naturally really dark brown hair and quite a bit of pesky grays that look silver against my dark hair. I was terrified of being completely gray during labor! LOL

still havent dyed my hair....a friend commented last week on how lovely and natural my highlights looked hahaha...i havent got any highlights!? and heres me thinking it looked like a dull washed out job.

I have naturally Black Hair and wonderful Grey highlights--I must dye or double the age I tell people (lol). Article READS-- Semi-permanent dyes or a highlighting process may be considered safer for pregnant women. With highlights, the dye is enclosed in foil and won’t be absorbed into the skin. Vegetable dyes such as henna are also considered likely to be safe for coloring hair during pregnancy. I hope this helps

Manic Panic is a Semi (organic) Cons--just can't use white towel and must dry hair before dressing and doesn't last as long but have had all different colors--Red, Purple, etc. For a cute Highlight effect on grays with my natural black.

I would say this....Everything you put on your skin will absorb into your blood stream in 60 seconds (if the molecules are smaller than skin molecule holes)...also the fumes can be harmful....solution....low/no amonia hair dye and wear a towel over your nose....I dyed my hair from a salon almost every 3 months and never had an issue...I just explained to the lady that I was prego and she used a more sensative brand...and she gave me a towel...hope that helps! GL!

Gah, I still haven't dyed my hair. Im gonna have to wear my fro wig if I dont color it soon :thumbup:

I use revlon colorsilk dye brand because its ammonia free and does not have harsh fumes. I used it when I was pregnant too but I waited till I was half way though the second trimester and used just enough to cover the grey hairs. baby turned out fine and just turned 9 last month.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->