Hair Help?

Jen_xx

Bun in the Oven
Reaction score
I want to lighten my hair in order to dye it again, but I don't want to damage it. I recently had fire engine red hair, and adored it but due to work I can no longer have the same color. My hair was so damaged that I ended up cutting it very short, but now I am bored with it and need a change. My hair is dark brown/black with a hint or deep burgundy but I want more of a deep auburn.

Any one have and lightening tricks that wont completely kill my hair?

I just went from black to bleach blond to go red I used to used bleach but it killed my hair this time I used schwarzkopf platinum blond as its not as strong. I jad to do it 3 times and left a few days in between and used loads of keavd in conditioner ect and my hair is still in good condition now.

Do you have color oops/color b4 or similar where you are? For what you want , you wouldn't need too much of a hardcore lightening process. If it doesn't work, you may need to resort to bleach (wait a few days after ) but at least some of the work has been done without damage. I'd use a bleach(no more than 20vol in your case) followed by a semi permanent deep auburn colour.

Also, don't use a peroxide based product less than a month apart of each other. The damage can be incredible. People always go "my hair feels great" but silicones in conditioners often hide the true state. It's a bit like a tiny hole in a top that just seems to get bigger with time - you don't realise how bad it is right away, and it's the same with hair. I used to be impatient but when I made an effort and took the lightening process gradually it makes a huge difference (I've gone from black to neon pink but it took months)

You can't lift any colour out without lifting it out with bleach, tint doesn't lift tint.

I'd get it professionally done, as they won't over process your hair if it can't take it.
Colour b4 is bleach, nothing else will ever lift any tint out xx

Colour b4 remover normal and extra aren't bleaches, they don't contain peroxide and only dry out your hair temporarily. They shrink the color molecules and the buffering process helps wash them out the hair. Colour b4 Stripper is the bleach. You can always tell whether it's a remover or a bleach by checking the instructions / ingredients. The removers don't work for everyone but it's a step in the right direction

Peroxide isn't an ingredient in bleach, it's added as part of all colouring process. Without hydrogen peroxide it doesn't work this is then mixed with oxygen.
Colour b4 is similar to Loreal effasor. Which is a colour eraser. Bleach and all removers have the same chemical compound balance and work the same way, if it was this easy every salon in the country would use this. The fact that it's available in wilkinsons should sound alarm bells.. it works for some but never back to the original hair colour x

I would agree it would never go back to original hair colour but it does remove a few shades to start. Hydrogen peroxide plays no part in original colour b4, it cannot. If any mixed product containing hydrogen peroxide touches the hair post colour b4 the hair reoxidyises back to the previous state. This is also why it is safe to use boxes one after the other. You'd destroy your hair if it contained hydrogen peroxide. It's not like effasor. Effasor needs hydrogen peroxide in order to activate. However colour b4 stripper is pretty much likened to effasor so I agree there. Salons can't used colour b4 original for many reasons, because of the reoxidisation issues, brand agreements and appointment times. It's a tempremental product and potentially a waste of time. Effasor is a salon product too but colour b4 stripper is in wilkos too. In a salon you are paying for more than the product, you're paying for time, knowledge, man power and experience.

As for salons that won't over process your hair... They can be brutal. Most salons think nothing of bleaching and recolouring with another hydrogen peroxide mix. That's double processing on it's own. Along with using a "treatment" full of silicones to temporary scaffold hair, and a blow dry. I'm saying that as a trained hairdresser, and I don't like how salons do this.

Colour b4 is a good step at least a week before heading to the salon, you might just remove the need for multiple processing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->