Hair loss after pregnancy

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
How much is too much??

I know that its normal to have some hair loss after you give birth due to the hormone changes but i am having A LOT of hair come out,
- my pillow is covered in it in the morning
- i feel strands of hair fall out and on to my back/shoulders
- when i wash my hair the loose hair clogs the bath/shower so much i have to remove it twice during washing it else the water wont go down the plughole,i only have short hair and this is handfuls that i get out
- when im rubbing shampoo/conditioner in my hair my hands get covered in it and if i run my fingers through it LOADS comes out

I dont have any bald patches and i was wondering if this is excessive or normal?
Its only started happening the past 2 weeks and harry is now 14 weeks old......

I *think* it's because you lose less hair when you are pregnant, so it feels like you're losing a lot more than you are. I remember losing a fair bit, so I wouldn't worry.

i 'm losing a lot of hair never mind some that LO pulls off,ouch!
I've been worry because it's been 6 months and it's still falling, it used to be so bad when i wake up in the morning my hair wrapped around his neck
I can see my hair on the floor, on the curtain !, LO's nappies...i mean absolutely everywhere
I'm thinking about cutting it short before I have no more hair on my head
i';m surprised I still have any hair left,lol

Im the same i keep seeing it everywhere!!!
Im always picking my hair off of the kids clothes, sofa, laptop, dining table, bedsheets etc etc :blush:
I have short hair but its making no difference to me :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->