Hair loss, extremely worried:(

nicky

Reaction score
Since Evie reached about 24 weeks old, I seem to be losing a lot more hair than normal (she is now 29 weeks old). If I run my hands through it it comes out in my hands, not in clumps but quite a few strands at a time and always at the root ball. It comes out in the shower, in my hairbrush, in my bed, all over Evie, just everywhere really. I feel like it is a lot thinner already and I am worried if it doesnt stop soon I will soon be bald. I have heard that some lose hair after having a baby, but this much?? Has anybody else got any experience of this? How long did it go on for and will I actually go bald?!? I am so worried, any advice would be greatly appreciated.:cry:

You wont go bald, it'll stop soon. The same thing happened to me, as soon as Amelie got to the 5 month mark it started falling out at an alarming rate. However, it only lasted about a month and a half and its falling out at just a normal rate now :) It should stop soon but if it doesn't, or you start to get bald patches, go to GP X

this is happening to me too hope it stops soon !

You won't go bald, mine was coming out everywhere, and recently has stopped, but I still find strands ever whereas I never used to before Seren. My hair thinned out quite a bit, and now I can see where I am getting the regrowth already.

When you're pregnant your hair gets thicker because it stops falling out naturally, so after having the little one, your hair plays a bit of catch up and you lose all the extra hair, don't worry x

Since Evie reached about 24 weeks old, I seem to be losing a lot more hair than normal (she is now 29 weeks old). If I run my hands through it it comes out in my hands, not in clumps but quite a few strands at a time and always at the root ball. It comes out in the shower, in my hairbrush, in my bed, all over Evie, just everywhere really. I feel like it is a lot thinner already and I am worried if it doesnt stop soon I will soon be bald. I have heard that some lose hair after having a baby, but this much?? Has anybody else got any experience of this? How long did it go on for and will I actually go bald?!? I am so worried, any advice would be greatly appreciated.:cry:

I had this problem after my first pregnancy.

I felt like I was losing SO MUCH hair it wasn't funny. I even had a hairdresser comment on how much was coming out when she washed it - argh! I was distraught. It seemed to go on for ages (months) and eventually, after badgering my lovely GP to death, I got to see an NHS Dermatologist who looked at my scalp and told me I had only suffered 10% hair loss! All that hair coming out for months and only 10% had gone lol. He reckoned after the initial post-pregnancy loss I was constantly checking, running my hands through my hair, inspecting my hairbrush, pillow etc and this was making the follow up loss seem worse than it really was. You lose loads of hairs on a normal day anyway and he felt my loss was, by then, normal. I still felt I was going bald!

Honestly, my hair loss problems stopped when I stopped focusing on them, though I definitely suffered to begin with (for maybe 2/3 months). I am going to make a serious effort to not focus on it this time round because stress might make it worse eek! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->