• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair loss in pregnancy?

nlz2468

Reaction score
Ive only noticed this the last 2 times having a shower and again today and im wondering if anyone else has noticed hair loss? My hair is really thick and little bits can fall out when i have a shower but recently ive known alot more than normal as soon as im washing my hair i can feel clumps of hair in my hand that fall out and even when i brush my hair it falls out alot more. Ive read that hair loss is more common after the baby is born but not during pregnancy :wacko:

I had my midwife booking in appointment yesterday and i totally forgot to mention it!

anyone else noticed their loosing hair more than normal?

x

yes!! lol when i was preg with my little boy none of my hair fell out at all!!
but when i was preg with my little girl even my eye lashes fell out =( they all grew back but it was weird lol x

Hey chick,
I've noticed mine do it to I dunno is normal but wen I have a shower loads come out and wen I woke up again this mornin I noticed a lot on my pillow :( I have thick hair to so I'm hopein it will stop, when my sister was pregnant her hair looked amazin, where as mine gets greasey dead quick and falls out n I'm constantly have an out break of spots :(!

I kno this isn't much help but atleast ur not along with it

Xx

thanks for the replies girls ive been reading about hair loss in pregnancy and its fairly uncommen and if anything hair should be more nurished healthier and strong during pregnancy so im a little concerned now as i have just read it could be a sign of a thyroid problem or not having enough minerals :wacko:

But on a possitive note ive just read this on the baby centre:-

"There is little information available about hair loss during pregnancy, but one possibility is that dry hair may become drier as a result of high levels of progesterone, the female hormone produced in the ovaries. Progesterone works with oestrogen to regulate the reproductive cycle. If this is the case, your hair will be more prone to crack and break."

if it continues to fall out ill book in with my doctor just to check x

hair loss is actually as common in pregnancy as hair getting thicker, its the hormones and also to do with the fact the baby doesnt take its nutrients from what you eat it takes it from your bodies natural stores, the baby could jsut be taking the nutrients it needs from the stores in your body that keep your hair growing and healthy.

im loosing hair this time round but its all thin downy hair like baby hair for me that im loosing.

jsut think some women get full glossy bouncy hair when pregnant, some women get lack luster lank dull thin hair
some women even suffer pregnancy related alopecia.

it is all normal hun so dont panic, the internet is evil sometimes and always brings up the worse case scenarios!

try not to worry, once your hormones settle things will start getting back to normal. xx

thanks hun i know the internet can be bad for reading up on things and it kept saying negitive things rather than possitive! it only falls out when my washing or brushing my hair other than that its fine! thanks for your reasuring message i am a bugger at times for reading into things too quickly and worrying, thats me panick alert woman! lol

x

thanks hun i know the internet can be bad for reading up on things and it kept saying negitive things rather than possitive! it only falls out when my washing or brushing my hair other than that its fine! thanks for your reasuring message i am a bugger at times for reading into things too quickly and worrying, thats me panick alert woman! lol

x

lol i can be like that sometimes i think we all can. thats why i like BnB helps to reassure us that we are pregnant not nutty!

very true! i often think im going insane with worry but i think its my pregnancy hormones setting in!

Ive just blown dry and straightened my hair and still hair fallening out i really hope it doesnt continue :( x

Hair loss is a common sign during pregnancy. Just take good care of your hair and they will grow again after the delivery.

Mu hair started falling out at about 5dpo already. Go figure!

Now I noticed it getting greasy as well. Yuk! It did the same with my two first previous pregnancies, but with my first got better from about 14 weeks.

My hair was falling out a lot between about 5 and 9 weeks. It seems to have calmed down now.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had the opposite and my hair got super thick but that all fell out quickly 3 months pp and left me with an annoying baby fringe when it grew back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->