Hair myth- is this true?

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
This has been bugging me for years :haha:

.... Is it true that getting your hair trimmed makes it grow faster?

:shrug:

Noits not true, having it trimmed leaves it in better condition and less likely to break but thats all.

Noits not true, having it trimmed leaves it in better condition and less likely to break but thats all.

I knew it!! Im trying to grow my hair at the back (currently a mohawk and trying to get it long at the back), I suppose I should still get the back cut so its in good condition in that case. But not often, otherwise surely it would cut out the re-growth length? :dohh:

I think it's just a case of it keeps it healthier and chops the split ends off, so it ends up longer because big bits aren't dropping off everytime you brush/straighten. So technically it does mean you end up with longer hair, but it doesn't affect root growth.

Have you tried the FAST shampoos and conditioners? You can buy them on Amazon, they're a tad pricey at £15 per bottle but they're supposed to speed up hair growth by quite a bit. xx

It doesnt make your hair grow faster but because it wont be breaking as much it will get longer quicker, if that makes sense :haha:

It doesnt make your hair grow faster but because it wont be breaking as much it will get longer quicker, if that makes sense :haha:

It sooo makes sense now!! Trimmed hair = better condition = grows longer and doesnt fall out = long hair! Seems obvious now :rofl:

Hadnt heard of that shampoo, might give it a go if my hair hasnt grown enough that I am happy with before the wedding :flower:

If your split ends don't get trimmed what will happen is eventually they travel on up the hair shaft so when it does come to having it cut your need more cut off as there will be more split ends to come off. Where as if you have it neatened up now and Again it will keep it fresh

If your split ends don't get trimmed what will happen is eventually they travel on up the hair shaft so when it does come to having it cut your need more cut off as there will be more split ends to come off. Where as if you have it neatened up now and Again it will keep it fresh

That's the way I would have worded it.....eventually :haha:

I don't get my hair trimmed often as I don't have the time but find the longer I leave it the more they have to cut due to the condition so think a regular trim (don't ask me how regular!) is important for nice long hair lol, but I would just keep an eye on the condition as to what regular should be.

I got my hair long by stopping 6weeks and doing it 12weeks x

How much gets taken off do you reckon? At least every 12 weeks makes it cheaper :haha: Your hair is lovely btw! Mine used to be long, but just unmanageable and I don't think suited me : ( As it now is with shorter sides I think it might just be all right to grow.

Do.you use straighteners? I finally ditched mine last summer and my.hair grew soooo quickly, i saw an old friend last week and the first thing she said to me was 'oh my god did you get extensions?' :haha:

Do.you use straighteners? I finally ditched mine last summer and my.hair grew soooo quickly, i saw an old friend last week and the first thing she said to me was 'oh my god did you get extensions?' :haha:

I dont use straighteners (own some but too lazy to use em :haha: ) My bad thing is using really strong hairspray (basically hair glue) which is great at keeping it in place, but really makes it fall out when its washed. Below is how my hair looks when I can be bothered :haha: (pic taken at a wedding)

1098196_10100895810791788_785601188_n.jpg

Im going to try and use the products less often I think. Looking at my roots it seems to be growing an inch or so every 2 months. Not sure how fast that is though? :shrug: Maybe find some decent shampoo and conditioners to improve condition too as its bleached. Any recommendations? :flower:

Aw thanks (my hair is in shit condition atm and scrapped into a bun most days as rain makes it curly lol) but I used to just get an inch off max but to tell a secret I once went 18mth without a cut at all lolx

Aw thanks (my hair is in shit condition atm and scrapped into a bun most days as rain makes it curly lol) but I used to just get an inch off max but to tell a secret I once went 18mth without a cut at all lolx

Lol Em, i regularly go 18/24 months without cutting mine. I haaate going to the hairdressers!

its so your hairdresser earns more money because you have it trimmed all the time :lol:

Funny you should say that, ive stopped using mine (only straightened a few days ago to get a compare picture from when I last got it trimmed. I said to my bf I want people to ask if am using extensions! It's definitely helped not using them, think it's grown about 3-4cm in 3 months. So hopefully in a year ill have lovely long hair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->