Hair straighteners!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
sorry its not baby related at all.....

but Im considering buying myself some new straighteners...

Ive at the mo got some remington ones... which are good but just not as smooth as the GHD ones!! And they have a little raise in them which often catch your hair. I want the new style bigger plate GHD's!!!

What do you ladies use?? Whats your advice?? Shall I treat myself?? Or is there another brand that is popular??

Hi there.... couldn't breeze past a 'straighteners' debate, so here I am with my opinion!!! :blush:

GHD's all the way! :happydance::happydance: I've got the wide plate kind as I have a lot of hair and thought it would make the straightening time shorter - and they do. I can't say how fab they are AND I've had them for three years+ now. They are just as smooth and get as hot as from day 1. Ok, ok, they really weren't cheap £120 at the time - BUT feel I've had my moneys worth 3x over!

Plus they do great curls which last all day and NO other product has been able to do that for me because of the weight of my hair.

If you can part with the cash (ouch) there wont be any regrets!

:cloud9: Lisa

I got my first quality one on Ebay and was amazed at how hot it got and how quick I was able to do my hair. That was a BabyBliss one with a 2" plate. However, the one thing I did not like was that my hair got caught in it. After two years, it burnt out.

I recently bought a Sedu straightener, 1.5" and it does not catch my hair and has very hot heat. I am happy with it so far. Supposedly, all the celebrity hairstylists use this one. True or not, who knows!

At the same time, you are not in North America so may not be available to you.

I swear by my GHDs!!

Couldnt b without them. Ive got stupidly curly hair & these starighten them perfectley & it lasts all day :)

I got a gorgeous pink pair :)

I think you should drop mega hints to your OH! After all u are the mother of his child :D

I swear by my GHDs!!

Couldnt b without them. Ive got stupidly curly hair & these starighten them perfectley & it lasts all day :)

I got a gorgeous pink pair :)

I think you should drop mega hints to your OH! After all u are the mother of his child :D

i like your style :thumbup:

GHDS all the way !

Definately

my hair is extremely thick and full and not curly, not frizzy, not straight.. just a mess really haha !

i brought pair after pair after pair.. and although a few of them did give me great results, none ever lasted longer than a few hours

then i invested in GHDS and now i dont know what id do without them. i can straighten my hair within 15 minutes and it stays straight and silky all day !

seriously.. if you do have the money.. get them.. theyre amazing xD

xx

GHD are the best, I have natrally curly hair and it straightens mine a treat

I have Vidal Sassoon ones off ebay think they cost around £15 they are great, bought my mam the same set for christmas lol, But i've heard GHD are good too xxx

I recently bought a Sedu straightener, 1.5" and it does not catch my hair and has very hot heat. I am happy with it so far. Supposedly, all the celebrity hairstylists use this one. True or not, who knows!

I have Sedu 1.5" straightener as well. I love that I can straighten or curl my hair with it in no time.

I have vidal sassoon ones aswell, £25 from argos. I grudge paying more than £30 for straighteners, the ones ive used have always been brilliant.

GHD's all the way babeeeeeeeeee :wohoo:

I love mine, have the black, thin plate ones :smug:

Ive used GHDs for 4 years now and love them!!

x

I LOVE my GHD's!
Once you have them you wonderr how you ever coped without them! and they curl or wave your hair should you want to, I'm so scared one day they will break! Though my 12 year old daughter has a pair too so we are covered :winkwink:

oooo the great straightener debate. Well i guess your hair type has a lot to do with it. My hairs wavy and can b quite awkward especially when its just been washed. Sometimes it looks so kiddyish!! My dp bought me some ghds one xmas after muchos naggin he is still in the good books till this day. I swear by them. Deffo splash out on ghd's i think. U could always plead with ya fella ya need spoilin because its hard work carryin his child.....lol

Fellas; take note!!!

geeees, now I'm going to have to go out and buy some GHD's and OH isn't going to like it. OH well, best not to tell him.... he'll see his bank statement eventually anyway.

GHD's seems to win it hands down....
.... my mum made a point earlier (the amount of pairs of diff hair straighteners Ive had have probably cost me more than a single pair of GHD's!!)

Should have just got them in the first place :dohh:

i have GHD'S there great got them for xmas they are expensive to buy but are deffo worth it

Hi there, i swear by my GHD's. they're just the normal plates and in my opinion the best thing since sliced bread lol! def. worth every penny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->