Hair stripped / colour lifted? *HAD IT STRIPPED!*

bambikate

Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wonderng if anyone has ever had their hair stripped / colour lifted from their hair at a salon sucessfully and what exacty happened to their hair?

I had a consultation at the hairdressers today and she advised that I get any remaining colour (went from blonde to dark, my natural colour about 3 years ago and the bottom half is still dyed) lifted out of my hair and then the colour I want put straight over it and then a week later to get highlights.

I then came home and googled (I know I shouldn't Google stuff :blush:) and now I'm worried it's gonna turn into Orange Straw. She is a very experienced colourist though and I told her about a past horrible experience with colour so I should be in good hands... right??? lol Any advice appreciated :kiss: xxxxxxx

My friend got hers stripped and it went like... orange straw :( was horrid until she redyed it and even then it was really dry and brittle.

I have naturally brown hair and been dying it black for about 6/7 years now.

Earlier this year i had the black stripped out and tbh the colour was good, it came out a blondey / red colour.. was going to keep it but dyed it red then went back to black 2 days later :blush:

My hair was fine too, didn't cause any problems.

Stripping hair colour using bleach always goes a funny brassy copper tone, but its a bleach so that you then put a colour on top not to be left like that.

I'm one who will never ever go to a salon for my hair colouring again, I went monday to have my light brown hair put to blonde... The salon bleached it twice when they finally just left it & me to go home with yellow & orange hair!! They didn't even colour on top or attempt to rectify it.
I went to asda last night bought a " light ash blonde " hair dye & coloured it myself, & its soooooo much nicer :)

Bleaching can damage hair quite alot so depending on the condition of your hair & whether its thick or fine may result in how damaged it will be. Mine was bleached twice & then dyed last night & my hair is still in good condition ( ive got thick hair ) ..but thin/fine hair is more likely to break or be more damaged so your colour may have to be done in stages to get the overall result just right :)

when you get the lifting done it goes blonde/orange and the condition can be brittle as the bleach isnt good for your hair. it will be ok though, ive done it loads!

i had it done last july at the time i didnt know i was 3 weeks pregnant :dohh:

i had purply red in my hair and went light brown with blonde

hair was orange once strip was done but the put base over it and then highlights and it was fine

of course as soon as luisa was born i dyed it red again! and am now thinking of going back to brown/blonde ready for my mums wedding next year!

one thing i would say is tht i didnt get back to the colour i wanted until christmas so it took a while and a couple of lots of highlighting...

Hi girls, Hope everyone is good?

I have coloured my own hair since i was 13 years old lol, Always used nice n easy then found a nice garnier colour and used it for it to turn my hair blue (colour correction) so had to go to the hair dressers and have it stripped 3 days before my christmas night out!! When she stripped it and conditioned it, it came up a nicer blonde and my hair felt great! Pictures are in my profile not long after it lol

Hazel

Stripping should be different to bleach. if anyone comes near you with the bleach, tell them to ram it.

There are special stripping products for this. And your hair does not feel as bad as it would after a bleach session.

Take it from someone who has just stripped, dyed, and bleached her hair so many times i cant count in the past 2 weeks.

I'm a natural blonde - but have dyed my hair for the past 10 + years.
I asked a hairdresser about going back to natural and taking the colour out and she advised against it. She said the damaged it does to your hair is often not worth the result. She advised me to grow it out naturally and add highlights/foils to not make it so obvious

thanks for all your replies - i had the colour stripped I checked with the colourist first and she said that some salons use bleach like the OP mentioned but it's awful for the hair. The thing she used was really gentle and my hair feels fine - phew!!! 2nd part next week!

PP Yeah I was until 2007 heres a pic https://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/bambikate3/Photo-0064.jpg lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->