Hand flapping

Thanks everyone. I really do feel that we have to get it checked out. Part of me isn't too worried. So what if he has autism or some kind of sensory sensitivity? Would I love him less? Would I be embarrassed? No and no.
I imagine I will feel a little sad having to inform all our friends and family and I do worry about how that would affect him and his self image if he is talked about as problematic. Things are still very taboo here in Greece. Children with any form of autism are pitied and so are their parents and then the whispers begin about who's fault it must be and blah blah blah.
But we would have to look past all that.
I am getting ahead of myself...
My son is possibly a little spoilt and an only child who hasn't learned how to interact well with other children yet but he is still just so young.
I hate that I am obsessing over this.
I just think the sooner we know if something is off the quicker we will educate ourselves on how to help him.
There is a group every other Sunday lead by a child psychologist- it's more like a circle of moms. You write your concerns anonymously on a piece of paper which are randomly discussed in the group.
I am going to attend the next one.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

He has been doing funny things with his fingers and hands lately. Two days now. Like he is guiding a tiny orchestra at the height of his chest/belly.
He also seems perplexed by these movements.

Help.

He has been doing funny things with his fingers and hands lately. Two days now. Like he is guiding a tiny orchestra at the height of his chest/belly.
He also seems perplexed by these movements.

Help.

It sounds like you're really having a hard time worrying. Please...get a check up and tell your lo's doctor all of your concerns. Sounds to me like your lo is doing okay, but I'm not sure that anyone here would be able to convince you, if that makes sense. Better to go to a doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->