Hand Foot & Mouth

JLLM

Reaction score
My two kids have been unwell this week I thought with a bug however my youngest has just been diagnosed with Hand foot & mouth I am 39+1 so worried sick about the effect this could have on me & my unborn baby. Does anyone have any words of reassurance?

My two kids have been unwell this week I thought with a bug however my youngest has just been diagnosed with Hand foot & mouth I am 39+1 so worried sick about the effect this could have on me & my unborn baby. Does anyone have any words of reassurance?

According to nhs, complications are very rare. Mostly the risk for late pregnancy is that baby gets it when born, which is often a mild case with no further issues.

It is pretty unusual for adults to get it though so guessing unless you get it baby should be fine, especially as most adults have had it before anyway.

Hopefully you'll be fine. Here's link https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1111.aspx?CategoryID=54#close

No personal experience with it, but my husbands niece and nephew who live together, used to always pass it back and forth to eachother. One would have it, then the other and then the other would get it again.... It was awful.

I kept my daughter away from that house. I dont know where it starts from but I always thought the heat had something to donwith it as well.

My daughter had it when I was 12 weeks pregnant, our GP didn't know too much about it with regards to me being pregnant so turned to trusty little Google! The nhs website told her all she told us, nothing to worry about at that stage but not so sure about later on in pregnancy x

I just read on healthtap that it's not a huge concern. They said it only lasts a couple days. Watch for a fever in yourself and stay hydrated. Let your doc know that the kids have it. There is only a little Bit of concern if u you have it during delivery. It should be gone by then tho. You and baby should be perfectly fine.

Thanks for all your kind words I have calmed my worry down a bit today, it was last Monday my daughter became unwell so am hoping that if I was going to catch it I would have done by now! I have my midwife tomorow so will talk over my worries with her then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->