Handing in my resignation!!

L

lepaskilf

Hi, I thought I'd post in here as this is where I spend most of my time :blush: and there's more traffic here than in the working forum.

So.... I am going to hand in my resignation on Monday. I've been working with the comp for just over a year but I hate the fact that I only get to spend 2 days a week with LO. He's 27 months, so will be starting school next yr (in Wales) so I want to spend as much time as possible with him before then!

My OH and I have been having so many arguments recently too as he works away for 2 weeks, then is back for 2 weeks looking after Tom and I never get to spend much time with either of them! And I'm soo tired all the time from working 5 days a week then looking after Tom while OH is away at work! It'd just be nice to spend some quality time together, and even have time to paint the living room!

My OH works on the rigs so bring in a good wage, so I can afford to leave my job. But I just thought I'd get oppinions from you guys first??

SAHMs... do you enjoy it? How do you deal with your OH giving you an 'allowance' each month and not having money of your own, which you have earned yourself??

Also... this is my resignation letter, please tell me what you think?

"Due to a change in family circumstances, I am unable to continue with my employment at XXXXXXX, please accept this letter as confirmation of my resignation.

I give 4 weeks notice from today and will help in any way possible to assist with a smooth transfer of my responsibilities.

I wish you all the best for the future, and would like to thank you for giving me the opportunuty to be apart of the XXXXXXX team, working with inspiring people."

Does the ending sound okay? or a bit cheesey??!

I like the letter :thumbup:

It sounds like being at home will be the best thing for all of you for now, good luck with it all :flower:

Where you've put "apart" it needs to be " a part" :thumbup: but apart from that it's great, straight to the point and not complicated.

I'm a SAHM and left my job once my mat leave was over as we can manage with OH's wage. I don't get an "allowance" I actually do all our budgeting/finances so I control the money that goes in/out etc. We have things when we need them want/afford them and that works really well for us.

HTH :flower:

Thanks for the replies! I will change my error on the letter, thank you x

I am sooo nervous about handing my letter in! I'm not sure whether to do it today, or wait til mon!!!

I work on the rigs too! :happydance:

Your letter sounds great, have fun spending more time with your family!

I work on the rigs too! :happydance:

Your letter sounds great, have fun spending more time with your family!

Thanks!...... People always say to me, don't you find it hard with you OH away so much but I don't mind as he is back for 2 full weeks to spend all of his time with LO! I'm looking forward to spending more time with them too! :smile:

It is hard, people ask us the same but coming home and knowing you have xx number of weeks completely 100% free and uninterupted to do as you wish, it's such a great feeling! Not to mention the pay... :happydance:

So..... I handed it in this morning!

I was sooo nervous, but my boss was very nice. He was rather dissapointed to hear that I wanted to leave, and then I felt bad! But it's what's best for my family! He can easily replace me!

I now feel quite giddy though, and having to make myself calm down! I think it's because the nervous wieght has been lifted :happydance: SAHM here I come :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->