Handwashed dress shrunk!

jenny82

Reaction score
Oh I am so annoyed! I had an expensive (to me) dress from House of Fraser. I've only worn it twice. I've handwashed it twice. First time it was fine but I handwashed it again this morning and it looks about 5cm shorter?

I won't know until it is dry for certain, but I am so annoyed! If I bring it back to the store and complain, do you think they will refund or replace? I bought it about 6 weeks ago and I loved it as it would've really suited my shape over the next while. I don't even think I have the receipt anymore and I think we paid cash, but I can figure out the exact date and till..hopefully :/

So annoyed as I would never spend that money on a day dress - about £79ish - but my OH told me to treat myself. Never again.. :(

Email them first and see what they say. I emailed Debenhams about some sleepusits I bought that got a hole in really quickly and they told me I could return them xx

They should do it willingly as you have washed according to instructions.

I am right off of house of fraser at the moment because of a customer service issue. Personally I wouldn't deal with their online customer service as they are independent of the stores (along with being bloody useless!)

I would phone the store and speak to somebody in the relevant department. Don't mention when you speak to them that you don't have the receipt unless they ask!

If they start saying they can't replace it quote sale of goods act, an item should be of a reasonable standard and fit for purpose, a dress that shrinks second time you've washed it as per the instructions is not fit for purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->