HAPPY NEW YEAR! Resolutions, 30 day shred, eating healthy

megangrohl

Mama to Lily!
Reaction score
Well I have gained 5 lbs and I am starting the 30ds again in the new year with a good friend of mine. It worked for me before, but I went thru a trial separation with DF and had no space to do my workout + was under a lot of stress so was not able to even try working out.

Now we are through the rough patch and now engaged and life is amazing. I am back at our home and there is tons of room to do my workouts so I am going to be starting come January.My resolution is to stick to 30ds and to eat healthier and not to binge. No more sweets, candy, ice cream, pie, carbs etc. Carbs are my weakness! Arghhh!

Anyways here is a sample of what my daily intake would be and I'd like to know of that seems like enough food for me with working out - 30ds + treadmill 3x a week 30 mins each session (hoping I can make it! I couldn't before).

BREAKFAST - plain oatmeal with fresh banana and orange juice

SNACK - celery, carrots and avocado/jalapeno dip

LUNCH - this is where i am stuck, i need ideas! need to stay away from breads/refined carbs here

SNACK - yoghurt with granola and some straweberries

SUPPER - quinoa/couscous/brown rice with veggies and some meat which is usually a lean chicken. I stay away from pork and red meat. I do enjoy the odd steak some days. (not often)

SNACK - fruit or veggies, popcorn

Hey,
How come you want to stay away from bread? Everything in moderation is ok :)
xx

Because there is too much complex carbs in it, and my body doesn't react well to complex carbs.

Because there is too much complex carbs in it, and my body doesn't react well to complex carbs.

Ah, ok. Fair enough.
How are you with potatoes, rice, cous cous etc? Is it just bread that causes problems?
xx

I can have brown rice, quinoa and only potatoes every once in a while. No couscous

Another thing I can't have often. So what are alternate foods that are healthier and low carb? No complex carbs. No white starches, no white flour. Low in sugar, no aspartame or artificial sweeteners, low in fat.

You're pretty much left with protein, fruit and veg, aren't you?
Could you batch cook a load of chicken/veg curries, chillis etc and have stuff like that for dinner? You Could make up some nice soups too maybe?
Google 'clean eating.' I did that for a while - no wheat, dairy, sugar, alcohol...
You might get some recipe ideas.

Protein/meat, milk products, fruit, veg, beans., And I already know what eating clean is, I just needed a new idea for lunch/snacks.

I can try to cook up some batches of stuff, but usually don't have alot of time running around after an 8 month old. I suppose I could do it on a weekend when DF is home.

Well, I won't try and help any more then, seeing as though you already know it.
Good luck.

So the 30ds worked for you even tho you had a section? I had a section 20 weeks ago and just cant shift the saggy belly. Just started doing the 30ds and hoping it will help!

So the 30ds worked for you even tho you had a section? I had a section 20 weeks ago and just cant shift the saggy belly. Just started doing the 30ds and hoping it will help!

yes it helped tighten me up, but there is still a tiny bit of an overhang. It is not nearly as bad as it was, but I think due to the section it will always be there. Good luck!

I made a resolution to start eating healthier as well so all the comments above me are really helpful!! Getting into workout videos too so shedding some carbs as well as staying on a diet :) Lost 2 lbs since Jan. 1st

I made a resolution to start eating healthier as well so all the comments above me are really helpful!! Getting into workout videos too so shedding some carbs as well as staying on a diet :) Lost 2 lbs since Jan. 1st

thats great news!!! i havent been trying that hard and will be starting my working out again beginning of feb :)

Hi Megan :)

I'm so glad things are working out with you and your fiance! Congratulations on the engagement!

I'm currently on day 10 of the 30 day shred and I actually love it.

Some lunch ideas you might like... omelettes, stir fried vege with meat/tofu, yoghurt and oats/fruit, hummus and carrots/celery etc, grilled vege kebabs courgette/mushroom/tomato with haloumi/tofu, nuts!

Lots of those are a bit snacky but I'm not huge on a big meal at lunch time so I tend to eat something small.

Good luck with the healthy eating and exercise :hugs:

Hi Megan :)

I'm so glad things are working out with you and your fiance! Congratulations on the engagement!

I'm currently on day 10 of the 30 day shred and I actually love it.

Some lunch ideas you might like... omelettes, stir fried vege with meat/tofu, yoghurt and oats/fruit, hummus and carrots/celery etc, grilled vege kebabs courgette/mushroom/tomato with haloumi/tofu, nuts!

Lots of those are a bit snacky but I'm not huge on a big meal at lunch time so I tend to eat something small.

Good luck with the healthy eating and exercise :hugs:

Hey hun and thank you :) I loved the 30ds when I did it. It makes you feel good eh? Keeps you motivated. I do eat alot of yoghurt and oats, but I only eat bananas, or grapes. Not really a huge fan of fruit so what are some good fruits?

I love my veggies, can't get enough but they aren't filling enough. What is courgette, is that what we call zucchini? I love that as well. Tofu kinda grosses me out too haha

Thanks for the great ideas! :flower:

Oh yeah, starting to feel really good from the shred and I'm almost down to my pre preg weight. I remember posting in one of your threads ages ago congratulating you on reaching your pre preg weight and saying I can't wait to be where you're at! It seemed like it'd be impossible to lose!

I like the 'boring' or common fruits, I'll cut up oranges and share with LO. Apples and pears too. I like grating an apple, a pear, pouring some yoghurt over and topping with cut up almonds and walnuts and maybe a tsp of flax seed oil - more of a breakfast type of food.

Yeah, courgettes are zucchinis! I love them and green beans! Do you eat a lot of beans? Chickpeas? I make a salsa like salad with avo, tomato, cucumber, steamed green beans, steamed fresh sweet corn and a tin of chickpeas and dress it with fresh lemon juice and olive oil. So good. Or a black bean salad. Mashed butter/cannelini beans make an awesome dip too. Oh and lots of people hate tofu! I'm a vegetarian and I love it hehe

yes i do i love lentils. i mix that with tuna and heat it up. so yummy!!! i love beans! i was thinking of going veggie but not sure i could do it with my DF being a huge meat eater. and congrats on almost reaching PP weight! it feels great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->