Happyland...or Sylvanian Families or Playmobil?

tulip girl

Reaction score
So, my daughter will be 3 and a half at Christmas. She still loves her happyland sets, so I've bought her another set (the windmill one) and the advent calendar for Christmas.

I'm now wondering whether I should have gone for either Sylvanian families or Playmobil instead. I've just been looking at the little critters online (how cute??!!) and the Playmobil stuff loves ace too.

What do you think? Stick with the happyland (which she loves!) and go with one of the others next year. Or take the stuff back and buy one of the different kinds. I don't want to buy some of each as its all similar small world stuff and I don't want to duplicate. I need to make a decision!!

Would love some opinions. (I'm not worried about small bits, so that's not a problem btw) Many thanks! X

My Eldest is 4 and quite likes Playmobil so I have got her that. Youngest is 2 and she like she Playmobil 123,
We have tons of happyland. Sylvanians have sooo many small bits so we're going to wait until she is 5/6. What's good is they are all similar sizes so my girls mix and match. They are getting a Playmobil pre school and ship. They already have happyland houses, shops, peppa pig park etc.

Ds1 will be 3 yrs 8 months at Christmas and also enjoys his happyland toys but we are going to make the switch to playmobil.

My 4yo has had playmobil for a couple of years now, but he was never really into Happy land, he preferred moving parts and small details of playmibil.

All three of my girls love playmobil and sylvanian families and are getting both this year.
Happyland has never appealed to them

Happy lland never appealed to Rio really. He's 3.5 at Christmas and we're going for playmobil this year. My niece did have happy land when she was younger (she's the same age as Rio, well there's 6 weeks difference) and her mum is making the switch to playmobil this Christmas too. X

I'd do the happy land for Christmas as you already have it then maybe get playmobil for next birthday.
My boys are almost 6 and 4 and play with both, they have loved playbills since around 3.

My daughter loves happyland and we have a few sets, but I do feel she is starting to outgrow it a bit now. She still plays with it, but not as much as she used too.

We've got her some playmobil for Christmas and I'm interested to see what she makes of it!

I've never really considered Sylvnian families. It seems very expensive. Anabella has never paid any attention to it in toy shops or toy magazines, so I think we'll bypass it completely. I don't want to end up with loads of bits from different sets.

Thanks for the advice ladies :)
I showed her a picture of playmobil and SF and she said she preferred the one with people. I managed to get the Noah's Ark in the Argos sale for £20, so I'm going to see what she makes of it. I'm wondering about one of the houses perhaps as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->