Hard time bonding with my bump :(

Hannah :)

Pregnant with #3!
Reaction score
So im nearly 30weeks and im still not getting a fat lot of movment out of LO. I get enough in the day so i dont have to worrie he/she isnt alright but still it would be nice if i got a fue more kicks.
I've hardly ever had kicks, just wriggles but even then there only small ones.
My midwife says everything is normal, and i supose if anything was wrong i would of found out by now.
I just fanced a winge about it haha, sorry if i bor you all half to death with this. I know i should be gratefull that LO is there at all but i just dont feel like a cant like properly bond with my bump (Haha sorry if that sounded abit stupid.) Dont get me wrong i love my baby with all my heart and im so happy im pregnant but i cant bring myself to do the whole walking around with my hand on my bump and talking to it thing. Do you think maybe it would be diffrent if i would feel more? I feel like such a bad person :(

Did/does anyone else feel like this? or is it just me :(

xxx

I was feeling rather the same about not being able
to bond with my princess bump because FOB isn't
around and things. (Long story! :dohh:)

I find that she only really moves when it's just me
and her & I was the only person feeling her.
My best friend is currently at university about an hour
and a half drive away from home. She's come home for
christmas lately and is kind of taking "FOB role" which
has been really nice and makes me feel like someone else
loves LO too! :)

Basically, I do understand about not being able to bond with
bump but if you can share your worries about bump bonding
with your OH and helping him bond with bump too.
Maybe it'll make you feel closer to bubba if he is?

Is OH quite close and excited about LO?

xxX

Aw thanks hun :) glad someone else knows how im feeling :)
Yeah my boyfriend is always fussing over my bump, its so sweet but it makes me feel even more guilty lol. I will talk to him about it though, i think his noticed. He said to me the other week "I've never seen you walk around with your hand on your tummy like other pregnant people do" not that it bothers him i dont think but he just brought it up in the convo.
I think he thinks im going mad cos i go in mothercare loads to look at the baby stuff and try and picture my baby in all the little clothes, it helps abit :)
Maybe it would of helped if we'd of found of the sex of the baby, i dunno.
thanks for the replie anyway hun :)
xxx

Awwwh sounds like he's dead looking forward to bubba coming along! :)
Thats so cute. :hugs:

I think the step forward would be to explain to him how you're feeling,
sharing your feelings takes weight off your shoulders. Obviously
we're all scared when becoming a mummy too! You're full of emotions
at the moment babe - share them a little and take some weight off your
mind.

I spoke to my MW about not feeling like i'm bonding well with bump and she
said that it was perfectly normal in some womens cases. It doesn't mean
that you won't be able to bond with bubba when s/he is here :)

Best of luck babe, hope you're feeling happier soon.

xXx

me too actually :flower:
my friends always put their hands on my stomach and are like "why isnt he kicking!!! come on, kick!!"
and im just like "hes not going to..."
he only does it for me :lol:
its weird tho even if he is kicking LOADS and im like "quick quick!" and someone puts their hand there he just stops straight away, but if i put my hand there he carries on and kicks harder.
its like he knows :wacko: lol
xx

I know how you feel, i feel stupid talking to baby and rubbing him ect, it feels like he isnt a real person yet if that makes sence, im sure it will all change once their born though

my friends always put their hands on my stomach and are like "why isnt he kicking!!! come on, kick!!"
its weird tho even if he is kicking LOADS and im like "quick quick!" and someone puts their hand there he just stops straight away, but if i put my hand there he carries on and kicks harder.
xx
thats exactly the same as my LO, he only does it for me or the OH, i find it quite funny cause people get so fusterated

:haha: dexter does the same thing, he gives me the hugest boots ever and as soon as its someone else he stops-so awkward! And i feel silly walkin with my hand on bump altho i did it earlier on so ppl didnt think it was just podge :haha: x

xx
thats exactly the same as my LO, he only does it for me or the OH, i find it quite funny cause people get so fusterated

haha yep :D i think they think im making it up :p
xx

My LO does that! He/she will only kick for me! No one else! My OH had only felt a fue kicks and my Moms well put out cos she hasnt felt anything lol.
I think i just have a very lazy baby, clearly takes ofter me and OH lol.
I've been looking at having a 4D scan, i was having a look on the babybond website.. not that it has to be with them but im just having a look around. Im not sure though, i want one but i think my OH isnt that keen and been as it would be him paying for it i probably wont be getting one lmao. Its not that his being tight, he just wants it to be all magical and suprising when LO is born but im like ahhhhhhh i wanna see lol. I'll see though, i've started to feel abit better now been as christmas is getting closer and ive started to get more things for baba :) Im starting to feel a little bit more Mommy-ish haha.
Thanks for writing back girls :)

xxx

i feel like this too,
but she kicked alot at first and where shes got bigger she must have less room to swing her legs around lol cos she stopped alot still get a few here and there, but would prefer a few more!! :)
xx

TBh, I though I bonded with my bump but when he was a day old I suddenly had this rush of love that I didnt have before!

It took me 3 weeks to bond with my daughter after she was born.

Try not to worry, Mother nature will kick in soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->