Hardening Area around my uterus

Bingles

Proud mum of one
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Just wondering is anyone else getting this. I have tried googling it but came up with nothing. I know at 5 weeks my baby is titchy and shouldnt be feeling anything yet but I know Im not mad and my uterus is feeling harder sometimes moreso than others. is anyone getting this and do you know what it could be.:thumbup:

does it come and go or is it constant.....?

I have had hardenings coming and going....kinda like braxton hicks but not as strong as when you get them later on. Though with my last pregnancy i had BH at 14/15 weeks....

There is a kind of hardness there the whole time. but as I say there is times it harder than others,there is never any pain.

Your uterus is quite low in the early stages and moves up as your pregnancy progresses....so do you mean the area in front of your pubic bone is hard? thats normal...and it may poke out too...

bit unsure of what you mean

the area above my pubic bone is pretty hard. it feels like my bladder is full but i check it after i empty my bladder (which is often as of late lol) so i know it's not that. i just dismissed it as being the early stages of a bump :shrug: lol it's my first pregnancy i know very little....

the area above my pubic bone is pretty hard. it feels like my bladder is full but i check it after i empty my bladder (which is often as of late lol) so i know it's not that. i just dismissed it as being the early stages of a bump :shrug: lol it's my first pregnancy i know very little....

Thats normal hun and it was the first thing to pop out when i was pregnant with Maley and this one too

Your uterus is quite low in the early stages and moves up as your pregnancy progresses....so do you mean the area in front of your pubic bone is hard? thats normal...and it may poke out too...

bit unsure of what you mean

:blush:Thats what I mean I think as pritt said it could be mistaken as being a full bladder. Thanks for your reply I knew I wasnt imagining it.Do you know what it cause it

i think it is your uterus growing to accommodate the bubby - hence cramps.....your uterus expands upwards as you move along your pregnancy...you will notice that your mw/doc will feel for your uterus above your belly button further along...hence why you feel out of breath later on (your uterus squashes your internal organs)

i think it is your uterus growing to accommodate the bubby - hence cramps.....your uterus expands upwards as you move along your pregnancy...you will notice that your mw/doc will feel for your uterus above your belly button further along...hence why you feel out of breath later on (your uterus squashes your internal organs)

thankyou I really want to go out and buy a good book about what to expect but im too scared incase im tempting fate before my 1st scan

i dont know any to recommend.....all the ones i looked at were a bit sugar coated about swollen feet, heartburn etc and not the what your body actual goes through. would be interested to see what you find. think mums should write one....NONE of the books i read told you about the burning when the head comes out and soooo many women hav said it burns when the head is crowning.....sorry...dont mean to scare you!!

I will have a wee look around after I have had my scan and see what I find. No you not scareing me lol I would rather know the real truth there is no point being told its like being stroked my feathers and then find out its really not

This book tells you the real truth apparently. i have yet to read it though. It's by the playboy model Jenny McCarthy (not sure how famous she is in the UK) Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth by Jenny McCarthy

I like From the Hips: A Comprehensive, Open-Minded, Uncensored, Totally Honest Guide to Pregnancy, Birth, and Becoming a Parent by Rebecca Odes and Ceridwen Morris. This one I like, it doesn't really follow the pregnancy in detail to my liking but it does give you a lot of options for feeding, birth, different prenatal tests given, etc.

The books Pregnancy Journal: A Day-to-Day Guide to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy and Your Pregnancy Week by Week are super detailed which kind of bore me. I could easily read that online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->