Harder the second time around?

jellybeanxx

TTC #4 since 12/2020
Reaction score
Is anyone else struggling a lot more in second (or third, forth etc) pregnancies?
I naively thought it might be easier on my body this time as I'm slimmer and fitter but the sickness has been much worse (and is still hanging around), I've been getting pelvic pain since 8 weeks and I only got a bit of hip pain last time, I'm much more exhausted and my GD appeared at 13 weeks rather than 28 weeks.
I'm very happy to be pregnant but wasn't expecting it to be so much harder!

yes Im having much more complications in this pregnancy ... pregnancy #4 but 3rd and final baby ...

I found my 2nd hard the sickness wasn't as bad as this one is but I remember being so tired all the time couldn't nap because I was running around after my toddler. Very quick Labour though 20 mins from them breaking my waters!!!

Me! Second baby- MS was WAY worse this time around (and had lasted much longer). A lot of round ligament pain and cramps for the last few weeks (which I Dont remember any from last time) and backaches. I had a very easy pregnancy with my first and was hoping for the same this time. Not that its been overly difficult, just more than last time.

So much harder! Bigger, heavier, tireder, my nether regions feel like they are on fire and falling out beneath me. More nausea and headaches earlier on. Although less throwing up until the stomach flu hit. Then I had to worry about incontinence while throwing up. Yeah pregnancy!

18 weeks to go and I'm now wondering why woman have third babies lol. This baby is making me work for it that's for sure.

Or maybe it has something to do with being 39 and having a 16 month gap between delivery and second conception.

I think its pretty normal. My morning sickness hasnt been as bad as it was with the first. But with #2 I was WAY more exhausted...partially because I was chasing around a toddler. Then #3 comes in and holy cow it was BAD, but again, I was chasing around an almost 5 year old and a toddler.

I had no pelvic/hip pain until probably 35 weeks with #1. #2 started around 27 weeks...this kid? Like 16 weeks and it hurts like hell. Ive been doing the preggo waddle for weeks because it all just hurts so bad. Though I wonder if part of it is caused by the fact that #2 blasted his way out, makes me think he may have thrown some pieces out of whack.

Way faster and easier labor with #2. Im hoping #3 will be just as easy...maybe not faster as 1h 23m from start to finish is already pretty dang fast.

Every single one is completely different. You are a little older each time as well don't forget xx

I did think my increasing years might've been having an impact!

12 yrs between now and first time I was pregant. I feel older but I do feel more in tune. Xx

My first was ok, lots of aches and pains at the end.

Second was absolutely awful with pelvic pain!

Third... It's been ok far but I can feel funny feelings and aches in my pelvis.. I'm scared!

I was super sick with my first, but otherwise everything was good.

My second pregnancy was awful. Just awful. Not only was I sick, but it seemed like EVERYTHING hurt. My hips kept going out of place, it felt like the baby itself hurt me all the time. It was a very painful pregnancy.

This third one... I conceived when #2 was only 13 months old. My body was not ready for this, I guess. I've been super sick, hormones everywhere. I've already had a day riding to work where I cried the entire ride because my hip was hurting, and I'm only 19 weeks so far. Doesn't bode well for the coming months.

I'm almost 20wks in with #2, more constant nausea early on with this one... seemed to last longer (until 12-13wks). Now that I'm halfway through 2nd tri I'm super achy and tired. My hips and back are painful and there's a lot of pulling in my belly. I feel like I did at 32wks with my daughter. Could also be the whole "taking care of a toddler" thing... thought she is 2.5 and really a sweet kid, I certainly don't get to sleep in or lounge and stretch like I did with her.

I agree that taking care of a toddler is certainly making things harder!

Yes even though it has been 10 years I don't remember feeling like this last time everything hurts aches twinges and so on the only thing I haven't suffered with is morning sickness and for that I'm thankful I think my aging years have a lot to do as well

It's gotten worse with every pregnancy so far. #1 had HG, #2 I was in severe pain most of the end of 2nd tri and all of 3rd. 13 weeks with #3 and the aches have already started in my hips and back, nausea is wayyyyy worse than with #2. I am honestly looking forward to the end of this year already so that January can be here and I'll officially be done with pregnancy forever.

Baby girl #2's pregnancy has definitely been harder than number 1.
Although my morning sickness was nearly as bad and I haven't gone in to preterm labor(knock on wood)
I'm always tired and I can nap between my 4 year old and work :p
My body is always achey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back