Hardly any movement

Talia12

Reaction score
I'm 18+2 and only feeling movement a couple of times a day, maybe maximum 5 times in the whole day. And they are subtle movements, not big rolls or kicks or anything. I only feel them when I'm sitting or lying still, otherwise they're not noticeable. I'm getting kind of frustrated! Is this normal for a second baby? My placenta is at the back so it's not that.
I also have zero bump at all, unless my bladder is really full and I'm lying on my back I haven't popped. I don't look pregnant in the slightest. I was the same with my son till 21-22 weeks but I thought it'd be earlier this time around! Anyone else similar issues? All I see on this forum are women feeling movement at like 15 weeks, with proper rounded little bumps at 16 weeks...

I think you said in another thread that your uterus was tilted back? I would say that could be a reason you don't feel you're showing much. Some women also carry small. I got a total surprise when I found out a mum at my son's kindy was a week away from her due date, I literally couldn't tell she was pregnant.

Movement wise, my second moved less than my first. My first was manic, always moving and kicking me. My second was more lazy and it shows in their personalities- DS1!is highly strung and DS2 is laid back.

When's your next appointment? It's always okay to talk to your midwife at any time for reassurance.

Thanks! Yeah, and I have no idea if my uterus has fully tipped forward yet. I think it's supposed to by now but that would explain the lack of bump and movement. With my son I was invisibly pregnant till a way past 20 weeks and by 25 I looked like a watermelon smuggler. Defo wasn't one of those "omg didn't even know you were pregnant" women haha I actually looked quite ridiculous when I see pics now. But not complaining! I want my bump back :haha: Hmm cool about the personality thing. My next appointment is my 20 week scan in 2 weeks time. Which feels like foreverrrr!!! I guess I should be glad I do feel baby move a bit. Just thought it would be more by now 🤷🏻

I’m 22 weeks on Saturday and I don’t feel anything crazy unless I am laying still waiting for it. Throughout the day I’ll feel a few small kicks but that’s really it. I don’t think you have anything to worry about! Baby is still pretty small.

Not quite the same, as I have a placenta that is anterior this time.. But I started feeling kicks at about 16ish weeks. I would feel them every second day or so. Then all of a sudden, for about 5 days I felt nothing what so ever. It freaked me out and I went and got checked by a midwife (18 weeks at the point - so this is only a week ago). She put the dopler on and found the heartbeat immediately, and it was healthy.
She said that movement isn't consistent at 18 weeks, which is why they don't tell you to count kicks until a lot further on.
If you're still feeling movement up to 5 times a day, I'd say bubs is absolutely fine, and either it's moved into a different position which is why its not as much as you've felt before, or it's just going through a more inactive phase.
Never hurts to get checked out tho, if it'll ease your mind. I felt a bit silly after she found the heartbeat so quick, and it was all fine, but for that reassurance, it's worthwhile. :)

I'll be 17 weeks on Monday and I feel VERY little if anything at all! My 3 boys I felt all by 14 weeks but this one is really quiet. Most of the time I don't know if it's baby or gas which is strange for me because I had very distinctive flutters with all the boys. I'm hoping all that changes by 20 weeks.

Thanks everyone! I feel reassured. This forum makes me think I'm unusual in not feeling loads of kicks!
I have a Doppler so I can hear that baby is ok thankfully <3 but it was just starting to concern me. I think it probably is that baby is small and when facing backwards I can't really feel it.

Not feeling lots of kicks at this point is ok sweet :) I know that it's drummed into us that we need to monitor the movements but at this stage it's really impossible as movement is so sporadic :)

I get days when I get big movements and then nothing at all. I have a tilted uterus that seems to have moved forwards now. Maybe yours is still not quite there yet? If you are feeling movement now as sporadic as it may be, i think you will feel more regular movements no problem in the coming weeks :)

Thanks, I hope so! And I really don't know about my uterus, it only sticks out when my bladder is full. I'm hoping they can tell me if it's tipped forwards yet at my scan on the 30th!

That's normal. I am 22 weeks now and most days feel something. Sometimes its throughout the day and other times he goes crazy at night. This morning he has been moving alot. Yet friday he barely moved. Midwife said until 26 weeks you cant count the kicks or work put a pattern. Give it another 4-6 weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->