Harrison is here!!!!

htaylor

Mummy to Harry :)
Reaction score
Sorry this is a liitle late but ive had my baby!! :)
born august 19th at 3:01 am. weighng 6lbs 9oz!

I started getting contractions thick and fast at about 9am on the 18th, by 11am i was showered and ready to go to the hospital, we called up and they suggested waiting an hour or so seeing as hes our first, it got to midday and i couldnt cope with just my tens so we left.

we were left waiting in a waiting room for 2hours while they found a room which was rather annoying when they eventually did i was examined and told i was 4cm dilated.
she did a little sweep and i bled - alot.
as i had started bleeding they sent me upto a ward rather than home - which im so glad of!

so by about 4pm i had eaten - thrown it back up and had asked for more pain relief.
i was put on gas and air! didnt work - at all. just made me feel dizzy afterwards
more! morphine!
didnt work, honestley didnt feel different at all.
they reexamined me and said i had gone upto 7cm, they popped my waters and i immediatly shrank to 5!

i asked for an epidural. should have about 4 hours prior!
the next few hours were a breeze!
out popped my gorgeous son!

i tore a bit but not to my bum! a little bit on my labia so my bms after have been great also! :)

here he isss!!! :)

Attachments

• 299176_10150770269430492_578635491_20647499_3300854_n.jpg
    299176_10150770269430492_578635491_20647499_3300854_n.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 36
Wow that was a pretty quick labour ! Lucky you :D he is so cute :)

Congratulations ! :happydance:

Congratulations on the arrival of your handsome little man x

thanks for all your support during my pregnancy ladies :) xxx

Congratulations hun, he's gorgeous.

Did you have him in the Jessop Wing? What did you think to the midwives there? I'm due to have my LO there and I'm really worried about it - I hate hospitals with a passion.

Did you have him in the Jessop Wing? What did you think to the midwives there? I'm due to have my LO there and I'm really worried about it - I hate hospitals with a passion.

the midwife that delivered Harrison was good - she did get on my nerves abit by the end - but that might have been the drugs. she wasn't english and i really struggled to understand what she was saying, and i think the language thing got to me when she was telling me to push - it sounded like she was saying i was doing it wrong, even though i know it was encouragement!

the midwives on the ward were really good tho! especially the night ones. the ones in the day were alot busier and it took some time for them to get to you but the ones at night were super. really attentive, made sure that i was happy to be left on my own with Harrison and kept an eye on him while i was washing my birth sweat off! :)

i wouldnt worry at all! they look after you and make sure youre confident before youre discharged! x

the midwife that delivered Harrison was good - she did get on my nerves abit by the end - but that might have been the drugs. she wasn't english and i really struggled to understand what she was saying, and i think the language thing got to me when she was telling me to push - it sounded like she was saying i was doing it wrong, even though i know it was encouragement!

the midwives on the ward were really good tho! especially the night ones. the ones in the day were alot busier and it took some time for them to get to you but the ones at night were super. really attentive, made sure that i was happy to be left on my own with Harrison and kept an eye on him while i was washing my birth sweat off! :)

i wouldnt worry at all! they look after you and make sure youre confident before youre discharged! x

Thanks hun that's really reassuring to know. x

awwwwwww :hugs: congrats

He's beautifuL! Congratulations mommy!! :flower: :hugs:

Congratulations, he's gorgeous! Keep checking in to see how the Sheffield girls are getting on. Are you still on crutches? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->