Harrison?

Pink Sarah

Reaction score
Is there anyone else who likes the name Harrison?
I reply like it, OH doesn't but likes Harry which it could be shortened to as a nickname. His family have said it's not even a proper name and he will get picked on!!!! grrrrr what a stupid thing to say!! OH always agrees with whatever his family say.

So what do you ladies think? It's the first name I've been excited about and now feel disapointed after the comments! X

What an odd thing to say, I know of a few (I've worked with a lot of kids so I come across a lot of names), looks like it was 31 out of the top 100 last year according to bounty. Harrison Ford being a famous example of the name too, can't see why anyone would think it a name to be bullied over, I think it sounds a strong masculine name, Harry cutesys it a bit iykwim.

It's quite a popular name where I live, I know a few Harrisons, I like it, and Harry as a nn is cute x

I new some one named Harrison, I think it's cute, unique too because there's not to many ive come across

Thank you ladies. Oooh I will Google the bounty top names and show OH.
I totally don't get why they would say he would get bullied!

My DS1 has a boy called Harrison is his class. It's not a common name but it's not an unusual name iykwim. I like it and the nn Harry x

definitely a proper name its got very popular recently

I know a Harris but not Harrison I dont think its too popular at the moment but its popularity seems to be on the up!

Harrison was on our boy list. Dd1 has a Harrison in her class at nursery. I really like it.

I'm curious if the original poster is from the US or the UK? It seems the name Harrison/Harry is popular in the UK and a well liked name. I am in the US and other than the 72 year old actor, Harrison Ford, I have never heard the name Harrison - ever. And I've never known ANYONE named Harry (except of course the prince). Maybe that's why the name is not well received by the family members. To be completely honest, if a relative of mine was thinking of naming their baby Harry, I would try to talk them out of it too. I mean no offense, just my opinion. The name Harry reminds me of the adjective "hairy".

However, Harrison certainly sounds like a "legit" name. It will grow on them, if you decide to use it.

I love the name Harrison. The only short version I can think of is Harry :)

I'm curious if the original poster is from the US or the UK? It seems the name Harrison/Harry is popular in the UK and a well liked name. I am in the US and other than the 72 year old actor, Harrison Ford, I have never heard the name Harrison - ever. And I've never known ANYONE named Harry (except of course the prince). Maybe that's why the name is not well received by the family members. To be completely honest, if a relative of mine was thinking of naming their baby Harry, I would try to talk them out of it too. I mean no offense, just my opinion. The name Harry reminds me of the adjective "hairy".

However, Harrison certainly sounds like a "legit" name. It will grow on them, if you decide to use it.

Hi I'm from the UK, oh family are big big royal family followers (if that's the right word!)

Haha haha oh gosh I think you have just solved my problem I may now also forever think of hairy!!!

Harrison is still my fave name but we may use Hayden instead - I will make OH agree before he sees his family!!!!

Thank you ladies for your help and support x

You know what, I think you should stick with Harrison. There's nothing wrong with Hayden, its a nice name too but I don't think you should let DHs family bully you into changing the name you love. Just do it and tell them afterwards when its too late, it will grow on them soon enough anyway.

I let myself be bullied into choosing DDs name by DHs parents and although I do love her name, I've always regretted giving her such a popular name and not sticking to my guns with one of the others we liked at the time. So with #2 I was adamant we weren't going to tell anyone our name until it was set in stone as I just didn't want any opinions. Once we decided on the name we started telling people but it was case of warning people first that this was our name and whether or not they liked it wasn't up for discussion. Both our families have admitted they didn't like the name at first but now love it and couldn't imagine him with any other name.xxx

Harrison is becoming quite popular and I doubt he would get picked on.
I know a baby Harrison, and I think the nickname Harry is super cute :)

I love the name Harrison! I would use it be DH isn't as fond.

I like Harrison :thumbup: I've known a few Harrisons (I'm in the UK) and they've been known as Harry and Haz.

I'm in the US, and I know one Harrison, well, it's a middle name, and a family name at that. It's my dad's middle name, he is either the II or the III of it, so it's not like it was picked for him.

He is James formally, but anyone who knows him (including my late mother) either calls him Harry, Jr, or Daddy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->