Harry Charles Newman born 14-11-08 **PICS ADDED**

sam#3

Lactivist & Intactivist
Reaction score
YAY!!!! Hes finally here 12 days late but worth every second!!

On thursday morning at 09.30 me and steve (DH) went to the midwife for a stretch/sweep (my 5th one!!!!) and to discuss the fact that we didi not want to be induced because we really didnt want to have to sacrifice our home birth.
We had a long chat with her and she booked us to have a scan the next day at AAU to check fluid levels around the baby and to be put on the monitor for 30 mins.
She then did the sweep and said that i was 2cm dilated and that the crvix was very soft so to stay active and let her know if anything happened.

We got home at around 10am and almost straightaway i started havng contractions, they were a bit painful but only 20/30 mins apart. I carried on as usual through the day and they carried on but didnt get any worse or closer.
After putting the kids to bed at about 7pm we made sure the pool was inflated and that all our labour kit was in the lounge and ready 'just in case'. We had dinner and spent the evening watching tv as usual.

At around 11pm the contractions started getting really strong and closer together, they were 10/15 mins apart so i was moving around to help with the pain and steve was rubbing my back for me.

At 00.00 on the dot i stood up to move for a strong contraction and my waters went so we phoned labour ward for them to send a midwife out and we woke our daughter to let her know that baby was on his way!:happydance:
At 00.30 the midwife and my sister arrived and i got into the birth pool to help with the pain.

I had to get out at 01.00 as it wasnt hot enough and the midwife did an internal and told me i was only 4cm..... i was gutted!! It was so painful by this point and i thought i would be at least 7/8cm!! I walked round some more and had my daughter rubbing my back while the pool was reheated. By this point our 2yr old son had also joined us in the lounge!

At 01.30 i got back in the pool and relaxed in there for about half hour but then needed to get out to have a wee!!! :dohh:
When i came back to the lounge i was starting to feel the pressure to push a bit so i stayed out of the pool to move around and moan a lot!!

At 02.15 i was really pushing and the midwife checked me and everything started going to panic stations, she said she could feel his face coming first and that we had to get an ambulance to hospital, everyone was rushing around me and i was still on all fours pushing, the MW told me not too but the urge had totally taken over me and i couldnt help but push.

As the midwife was geting her boots on and getting my dressing gown i told her i could feel him coming out, she looked between my legs and was amazed to see that somehow he had turned around and that although he was a bit twisted he was coming out normally and his head was crowning. My sister, husband and our 2 children then took front row seats to me sitting with my back against our sofa on the lounge floor and pushing our beautiful son out.

He was born at 02.33, he was delivered on to my stomach and in walked the paramedics....they just looked and said 'oh well done' smiled and left!! :blush:

Harry was 8lb 1oz, and absolutely perfect in every way! By 4am the midwife had gone i had had a bath and we were in bed with Harry breastfeeding and we were having a cuppa and some toast!!:happydance:
It was all natural how we wanted and i had no pain relief and no tears or cuts. Our children were there and it was beautiful :cloud9:

Truly amazing :cloud9::cloud9:

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

Congratulations. :cloud9:

So glad you got your home birth.

Lovely name.

V x x

congrats. glad you had the birth you wanted!

What a lovely birth story!! Congratulations his lovely!

What an amazing birth story!
Thanks for sharing! and congratulations, Harry is gorgeous!

hes gorgeous congratulations xx

Wow. Congrats!!! your a brave woman!!!!! I take my hat off to you!!!
He is amazing huni :)

Wow, congratulations. He is gorgeous and what a lovely way to start life. :hug:

congrats hes gorgeous and what a wonderful birth xx

What a fantastic birth story. Well done and congratulations xx

aawww hes gorgeous !!!! so sweet !

congrats hun xx :cloud9:

oh wow what a lovely story
well done and congrats
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts