Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to be made into trilogy, final part july 2013

Shey

Mom of 2 TTC #3
Reaction score
Warner Brothers today announced that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be split into three parts. Parts 1 and 2 retain their November and July dates respectively, while Part 3 will hit theaters in July 2013.

We spoke to a source at Leavesden Studios, who revealed: "We've got to be honest. When we started shooting Deathly Hallows, none of us wanted to stop. We experienced a fan-gasm. The book is simply amazing, and we love the people we work with. Each time we shot a scene we shot way too much extra footage because we loved the content so much. Before we knew it, we had enough content to fill three films."

When the Potter production team shared this news with Warner Brothers, many higher-ups - most notably CEO Alan Horn - jumped on the opportunity to turn it into a three-part finale.

One source at Warner Brothers' Burbank headquarters told us, "Mr. Horn got so excited when he heard about all the extra footage that he immediately jumped out of his chair, picked up his Looney Tunes commemorative pen, and started pretending to throw Avada Kedavra spells at other studio's headquarters he could see out his window. He knows that other studios are gonna hate this news."

WB tells us that the reason Parts 2 and 3 have a 2-year delay in between them is due to the fact that they want the franchise to last longer. It also helps WB's bottom line.

source: Mugglenet.com

Argh. I'm not buying any of the Deathly Hollows films until all three are out then. Will hold out longer to see them too, because I haaaaaaate "To Be Continued" endings. :dohh:

omg, i cant wait that long!!!

i suppose if they are really gonna do the books justice with them and not cut too much out it will be worth it, as im often dissapointed with the way they cut out info i think is important.

Any info on who the director(s) is/are/will be?
Or anymore good casting info?
I love having something fun like this to look forward to.

I wish they'd decided to elongate the franchise earlier because from Goblet of Fire the films would have been better in more than one part! In Order of the Pheonix alone they missed out 10 main characters and a major sub-plot, if I remember rightly!! In Goblet of Fire they shouldn't have cut most of Sirius Black's stuff as it was necessary to make Order of the Pheonix worthwhile!:dohh: So it's excellent that they've decided to split Deathly Hallows as hopefully less will be missed out!

Beca :wave:

yayyyyyy :D The book is wayy too long to be made into just one film.

Just go to mugglenet.com if you want to find out more info on the movie

Argh! Great news that they've decided to make it a trilogy, as hopefully less fantastic content will be omitted, but OMG - waiting till 2013 to see them all????

I HATE "To Be Continued" endings.... GRRRR

:rofl:

I agree that they should've had this idea sooner. But in this case, what is their argument for leaving out the ending of HBPrince? I heard it was because they didn't want two big battles at the end of two consecutive films but if DH is in 3 parts that's no excuse.

I find it better to watch the films as something entirely separate to the books, it makes me less disappointed!

omg its goina take so long for it to all come out but im so excited to watch it :)

2 years!! jeeeeez! would of totally forgotten by then!!

i ve just re read the DH (well read it to callum at bed time, he is too young to understand but its my voice he listens to any way right. any excuse to re read it. lol)

and i ve been watching the films again that they have had on tv the past few weeks and it makes you wonder how anyone who hasnt read the books will understand some of it as they have missed out major bits.
they are gonna have to explain a fair bit in the film to make sense so splitting it in to 3 hopefullly will be good. just dont see why they have to drag them out so much though.

Hmm now I want to re-read them all again but I only did it about 2 months ago lol. I like the idea of reading them to LO, that'll be my next excuse to read them again!

We have 19th November as UK release date for the first film. I normally go to the late night showings (over 18's only - such a geek lol) but may have to reconsider when LO is here - need my next Potter fix!

i ve just re read the DH (well read it to callum at bed time, he is too young to understand but its my voice he listens to any way right. any excuse to re read it. lol)

and i ve been watching the films again that they have had on tv the past few weeks and it makes you wonder how anyone who hasnt read the books will understand some of it as they have missed out major bits.
they are gonna have to explain a fair bit in the film to make sense so splitting it in to 3 hopefullly will be good. just dont see why they have to drag them out so much though.

lol yay im not the only one who reads harry potter to there baby. im so sad now :( honeslty id sit there and watch a super long movie (like ive watched all the lord of the rings extended editions in a row lol). ever since goblet of fire they have sucked so bad :(. 3 yrs is sooo long to wait though

Well we're never gonna see the third part if the 2012 predictions are true :haha:

Well annoyed now. Dont wanna wait that long :( x

I can not wait that long! I've waited long enoug for this one!! :( x

I don't want to wait that long :sulk:

They should have begun splitting the movies in 2 sooner IMO as well..

Warner Brothers don't believe in 2012 then, :flower:
I can't wait for it

hm...honestly I haven't even read the book :blush:

I noticed this was posted April 1st.....April Fool's Day trick from Mugglenet maybe? I've not heard anything about this and I consider myself a huge HP fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->