Has any natural ways to start labour worked for you??

Lalababy2010

Reaction score
Hi all :)
I am 37 weeks and I am starting to try little things to try and start labour, but I'm not going to go ott on it as I ain't going to force him out and I know that it'll only work if his ready and my bodies ready :)
But anyways, I have been trying raspberry tea leaf (even though its not really meant to help bring on labour, its meant to just tone your uturus reasy for contractions)
I've also been bouncing away on my birthing ball, I've eaten about 3 whole pineapples, (got bored after that and stopped) lol..
Tryed nipple stimulation but that don't really seem to be working tbh, and I've also tryed a spicy food, but never again I'm s whimp when it comes to spicy foods :-/ ha ha..
So has anything ever worked for you? And is anyone else trying these to induce labour? X

I tried it all last time (everything on your list included) and came away feeling that the only thing which really had any impact was sex, but that wasn't until I went overdue. If you feel upto it the might be worth a try.

Lx

Yeah I was thinking about the sex bit, but for the last week or so I have really gone off it :-( and I don't know what to do to get my sex drive going again :-( I think it's just were my bump gets in the way and it just feels awkward lol.. So I'm hoping I'll start feeling it again and maybe try the sex bit :) lol x

My sil was telling me she went for Reflexology the day she went into labour? But she was 1 wk over due x

the other night when I was in L&D the nurse said on my way out the door - I know your hips hurt but really- if you can it's the one sure thing that could help! (kinda embarassing since my mom was with us AND we're staying at her house!)
So Sex. And Evening Primrose oil has possibly been helping my cervix ripen- but it could be my body on m y own.

Maybe TMI but one way we do it is I lay on my left side and DH gets up behind me- he has to move down on the bed a little- and then i take my right leg and put it over his legs/bumm and it's a pretty nice angle :blush: Plus he's got a bad shoulder so I have to be on top for the longer stretches of time and with my belly it's really hard. And then there is doggy style.

Not yet for me... might look into reflexology next week though. I don't feel up to sex much but I'm going at it like before I was pregnant LOL

If I haven't gone into labour a week today I think I will try reflexology. Just found one in my local area. yey! Not bad either. 28 quid. Already tried the other options to no avail!!!

Sex brought on contractions for me last night for about 12 hours... every 7 minutes. I'm back to having them once every hour now so I'm giving my hubby "the look" to see if we can bring on some more close contractions!

Nothing else has helped so far (nipple stimulation.. spicy food....etc).

I went swimming for 4 hrs (Wednesday 23) and soon after that I started having lots of lower pressure like the baby dropped significantly, skipped the next day and then went swimming again the following day(Friday 25) for 1 hr....had lots of contractions that were starting to get more intense went to labor Sat. am 3cm Dilated got discharged for lack of progress back again around 130pm same thing, but was admitted at 930pm 4-5cm start to finish was 5.5 hrs of labor. I also started EPO orally at about 37 weeks (make sure the GLA content is more than 8%-mine was 9%)

Hope it helps, I guess swimming helps get the baby engaged? or loosens up the hips

Apparently ingesting semen is better than sex as the hormones that soften the cervix work better when digested.

A man probably made that up...

We won't tell the OHs though eh!? :blush:

That's why I'm ingesting the EPO and using one at night AND/OR DH in my lady bits.

Sammy- I WISH I COULD GO SWIMMING! My bath the other night brough on 5 mins apart, tons of cramping and it lasted 5.5 hours or so- bath last night didn't do much at all. Really hoping for a calm before the storm kinda situation here.

With Arf we DTD on the friday night, I lost my plug about 3am sunday morning so erm . . . maybe :shrug: xx

Apparently ingesting semen is better than sex as the hormones that soften the cervix work better when digested.

A man probably made that up...

We won't tell the OHs though eh!? :blush:

I was tempting to try this the other night.. But I really couldn't go throughout with it no matter how hard a tryed! I just thought why should I do that considering it might not even work.. It even made me gag just thinking about it.. So there you go, that's a no go for me..
And to the ladies who are also thinking about doing it or have done it, your some brave ladies :cool: lol xx

At 37 weeks....I wouldn't be doing much of anything to bring on labor.....though you are technically term you aren't due yet. Maybe around the 39th week give it a good go.....but until then you may just be wearing yourself out???:shrug: I know walking is supposed to help baby engage....

I've been trying sex, bouncing on my ball, walking, acupressure, and more sex. Nothing is working. When I asked my OB if she had any suggestions, she said that sex would really be our best bet.

We've had sex three times past 5 days and nothing yet. I totally don't feel like sex and can't be bothered to orgasm but I tell DBF that I need his " goods" and he gets on with it. Nothings fun with a huge bump, don't forget to put a pillow under ur bum and lie still for half hour let sperm pool by cervix and work it's magic x

Go 4wheeling! Heard it works wonders! lol- I went today but I just got some pain from it- sure the baby's head bounced on my cervix too lol. I had a bunch of people tell me they did it with their wife and now my DH is all about it but OUCH!

My friend posted on my facebook that eating a lemon drop cupcake helps put you into labor... apparently it was on the news that doctor's were suggesting it to their patients? haha I duno.. I obviously am not trying anything yet.

oh and here is the recipe -
https://www.cupcakeplumpbalm.com/lemonrecipe.html

and story behind it -
https://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/whats_hot/cupcakes-that-may-help-induce-labor-20110401-md

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->