Has any one started a baby fund?

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
As it says has any one started one or though about it?

I think i might start one after we get back from our holiday in may.If i save a tenner a week, ill have over 300 by the time we ttc and if im lucky enough to get pregnant the first month, which i doubt i will ill have over £700 by the time sqeekey arrives.Once baby is here i can get £800 from the health plan i pay into from work. So that will cover the things i need and may help out while im on maternity leave.

I have started one although i had to use a bit for the holiday deposit and some will be coming out for spending money on the holiday but apart from that its my baby fund - although i call it my 'future' fund lol. the OH still knows what i mean :)

we have a savings account that we will use for baby and also for moving/building our own house in the future.

Certainly not a bad idea! Why not set the account up as a ISA account, then you will get reasonable interest on it also :)

Iv got savings acounts there that i used when i was house sharing but now its just me and OH the bills are easier so no used much.

We're starting one after the weddings out the way next sept, then we've got a year before we even TTC

lol We'll be paying off my maternity leave first! But then we'll save what we can while the interest rates are low and we have some spare before TTC in the summer.

we havent got a baby fund but as we know that as soon as my coil is removed and i get the ok we are going to try we have started buying 1 thing a week, it can be 1 bottle 1 baby gro or just a bottle of talc but it is 1 thing obv the big things we will wait until we get much further on down the pregnancy line but for now the 1 thing pile is growing and i love it ! i find my self going and having a look now and then and rearranging them ! lol x

Definately!
I want extra time off on mat leave once my paid leave finishes, I want to cherish the time with my little bean this time around, especially cos he'she will prob be my last.(although I said that last time too lol -don't tell my DH I said that though lol).

My first pregnancy I only had 13 weeks paid mat leave and no money to afford further time off, 2nd pregnancy I had savings of £2500 to give me extra - and my rotten ex hubbie stole it just before the baby was born - one of the reasons he is now ex lol.
With my 3rd baby (new DH) I had a baby fund, and it was fab not having to worry too much about going back to work/ where the nex mortgage payment was coming fom etc.

So definately, and it's something proactive I can do whilst wtt, save save save
xx

We started one off a few months ago and so far have £200 in there. It's an online account that we can't touch for a year, which is ideal for us as we are not very good with saving usually! I also have a baby fund money pot which we put any coins about 20p as and when, but only really just started using that so there's not much more than a tenner in there I'd guess :) x

We are going to start one soon - we've just got a few things to pay off first. Hoping to put away a minimum of £400 a month starting from December so should have minimum of £3200 if we conceive first month of trying. I doubt that will happen though as have ovulatory problems and borderline luteal phase.

This is going to help when I'm off on Maternity leave as I want to be off for as long as possible.

I started an online account just for baby that i can't touch for a year also :) putting in £50 a month at the mo :) also like bunnyg82 have a big bottle that i put all my 2ps, 1ps and 5ps in! I have been really strict with myself this last 6months! :) also have my own isa's so that i don't have to worry about money, i am such a worrier!! :) :baby:

Not only have we started, and got a substantial, baby fund, we have started a separate private schools fun.

We both put X ammount a month and it will be for their education for their GCSE years.

xxx

I have a savings account where I transfer money each month. I'm hoping to be able to use it while I'm on maternity leave to supplement SMP.

I had a "fund" when TTC and made a deal that whatever came first would get it ... baby or wedding, needless to say it was baby :lol:

I had a fund, but we used it to move into our flat, which is part of the baby plan so can't moan. Will also be putting plenty aside once I've paid off a couple of bits. We also have a money box on the top of the fridge for coins. My best savings so far are Tesco vouchers from the past year , I'm really hoping they are still doubling them next summer as I'll have enough to pay for the pram!

Wow, everyone is so good! Well, i'm a student so i can't really afford to put much away... plus our wedding is next july. I graduate just after the wedding so *hopefully* if i get a job when i finish Uni, after the wedding, i will start putting money away. We will be TTC by that point so i think me and OH will both put money in.

Not only have we started, and got a substantial, baby fund, we have started a separate private schools fun.

We both put X ammount a month and it will be for their education for their GCSE years.

xxx

Wow, that's what I call planning ahead! Have you done proper research into private schools? Do you know what kind of amount you're aiming for? I've actually thought about schooling and am vaguely worried about it but don't think private schools will be within our means, especially as were planning more than one LO.

Oh sugars, I'm so annoyed about this but I opened the account, managed to save 300€ but had to spend it on the mortgage the very next month. But this is just our life, anytime we relax and breath in, the next month we get a huge blow in our economy and it all goes down the drain. Maybe that's why I'm loosing hair, or maybe I'm just pulling it out!!! Just kidding, but I never thought adult life could be so hard if you are a natural saver like me. I even save the extra kilos on my waist!! Hang on, that isn't good either, damn it.:cry:

xxx

Wow, that's what I call planning ahead! Have you done proper research into private schools? Do you know what kind of amount you're aiming for? I've actually thought about schooling and am vaguely worried about it but don't think private schools will be within our means, especially as were planning more than one LO.

Yep, we have done a fair bit of research into it. Luckily, we live in a very affluent part of the country so private schools are almost as common as state schools. If it was time to choose now then yes, we have our choices made but we have a couple of years. The ones we like are single sex.

We want 2 so are saving double each month to ensure that they can both go.

xxx

Oh sugars, I'm so annoyed about this but I opened the account, managed to save 300€ but had to spend it on the mortgage the very next month. But this is just our life, anytime we relax and breath in, the next month we get a huge blow in our economy and it all goes down the drain. Maybe that's why I'm loosing hair, or maybe I'm just pulling it out!!! Just kidding, but I never thought adult life could be so hard if you are a natural saver like me. I even save the extra kilos on my waist!! Hang on, that isn't good either, damn it.:cry:

Iv been wondering where you have been? It will pick up hun, the econaomy is crap everywhere, were only ok as were renting so nothing has changed apart from food prices have gone up. As for the weight, it will come off again.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->