Has any1 had blurred eyesight / deterioration of eyesight since giving birth

Hattie80

Reaction score
I gave birth almost 3 wks ago and for past 2 wks my eyesight has been AWFUL. It is blurred, particularly in my right eye - to the extent i can't watch tv easily. My gp can't see a link between giving birth / deterioration of my eyesight but i think it's a bit odd and think that there MUST b a link. I had quite a traumatic natural birth which ended in the epidural and bad external and internal tears (cos baby was 9lb 4oz) and couldn't sleep for 5 nights after due to adreniline / anxiety etc. So my eyes were really puffy and just put blurring down 2 that. Now tho I've been left with the blurry eyesight & right eye is more puffy / small than other. I have glasses to wear occasionally for cinema etc but recently never needed them. Now think i'll have to wear them all the time :cry:

Has any1 else had this / experienced any eye probs since giving birth? I'm scared :cry:

Me! My eyesight is definitely worse. Like you I had to wear glasses sometimes (driving, cinema, TV etc) but they are definitely more blurry. I've put it down to be constantly tired though :shrug: I doubt there is anything physiologically different with your eyes after birth etc?

I gave birth almost 3 wks ago and for past 2 wks my eyesight has been AWFUL. It is blurred, particularly in my right eye - to the extent i can't watch tv easily. My gp can't see a link between giving birth / deterioration of my eyesight but i think it's a bit odd and think that there MUST b a link. I had quite a traumatic natural birth which ended in the epidural and bad external and internal tears (cos baby was 9lb 4oz) and couldn't sleep for 5 nights after due to adreniline / anxiety etc. So my eyes were really puffy and just put blurring down 2 that. Now tho I've been left with the blurry eyesight & right eye is more puffy / small than other. I have glasses to wear occasionally for cinema etc but recently never needed them. Now think i'll have to wear them all the time :cry:

Has any1 else had this / experienced any eye probs since giving birth? I'm scared :cry:

hi hun,

my eyesight started deteriorating ever since i got preggers. It has remained the same since giving birth to my son, almost 5 months now.

My iron levels and blood pressure remain low, so thats what the doctors put it down to. Go see your Doctor and get some tests done.

Clare x

Weddings, Baby & Bump Photographer
https://www.photographyleeds.co.uk

Hi Hattie80,
I know this is a very old post and you might not even be here any more but I thought I try anyway..

I have exactly the same experience as yours. It started about 4 weeks after the birth (I'm nearly 6 weeks now) - right eye, traumatic natural delivery with internal and external tears, big baby 9lb 6oz. Haven't been to the doctor's yet but spoke to other mums and no one heard of a similar experience.

Did you find the cause? Is it connected? Did it get better?

Hope you're still visiting here occasionally and hope to hear from you..

Hey there!
I randomly had an eye test by coincidence 8 weeks after I hd Florence.
They noticed a huge difference in my prescription so much so she asked if I'd had a baby. I explained I had and she looked relieved. Said it was completely normal and often happens. She didn't change my prescription contact lenses as she said after a few months the eyesgo back to normal and balance back out!!
Hope this helps xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->