Has anybody had a renal (kidney) scan during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by rwhite, Dec 9, 2009.

1. rwhite

rwhite Mum to Lachie and Clem

This might seem like a silly question, so forgive me in advance, but does that mean I get to see bubs again? Seeing as he's likely going to be there right near the kidneys anyway...I figure there's no way to get around it but I could be wrong!

Any answers would be loved :thumbup: And again, sorry if it's a bit of a daft question :blush:

2. sweetniss113

sweetniss113 Well-Known Member

I had one during my 3rd PG and I didn't get to see baby during it. they just looked at my kidneys and bladder.

3. rwhite

rwhite Mum to Lachie and Clem

Darn :haha: Thanks for replying :thumbup: Do you need a full bladder for a kidney scan when pregnant? I've had one before but that was when I was 10 and needed a full bladder then. Just wondered whether it might be different if you are pregnant xx

4. Jacey

Jacey Well-Known Member

I had one recently and my sonographer spent more time looking at the baby rather than my kidneys lol, he was enthusiatic and showed me stuff so i just guess it depends on the day, how busy they are what the sonographer is like etc but the baby will obvz be visable to them.

I was told to drink 2 pints 2 hours before my apt for the kidney scan, I drunk about 1.5 pints instead and this was fine

Good luck x

5. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

I had one of my kidneys, they didnt need to go near the womb, but i asked them to have a little peek!