Has anybody had a renal (kidney) scan during pregnancy?

rwhite

Mum to Lachie and Clem
Reaction score
This might seem like a silly question, so forgive me in advance, but does that mean I get to see bubs again? Seeing as he's likely going to be there right near the kidneys anyway...I figure there's no way to get around it but I could be wrong!

Any answers would be loved :thumbup: And again, sorry if it's a bit of a daft question :blush:

I had one during my 3rd PG and I didn't get to see baby during it. they just looked at my kidneys and bladder.

I had one during my 3rd PG and I didn't get to see baby during it. they just looked at my kidneys and bladder.

Darn :haha: Thanks for replying :thumbup: Do you need a full bladder for a kidney scan when pregnant? I've had one before but that was when I was 10 and needed a full bladder then. Just wondered whether it might be different if you are pregnant xx

I had one recently and my sonographer spent more time looking at the baby rather than my kidneys lol, he was enthusiatic and showed me stuff so i just guess it depends on the day, how busy they are what the sonographer is like etc but the baby will obvz be visable to them.

I was told to drink 2 pints 2 hours before my apt for the kidney scan, I drunk about 1.5 pints instead and this was fine

Good luck x

I had one of my kidneys, they didnt need to go near the womb, but i asked them to have a little peek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->