Has anyone been for a compliance interview for housing benefit

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
I've got an interview on Wednesday, not sure what it entails
Anyone had one?

Yeh I did years ago. She was a total bitch and kept changing my answers xx

I believe if you have to attend one, it'll be under caution. If they come out to you, it'll be either fraud assumption or making sure you are claiming the correct benefits and amount after a change of circumstance.

I believe if you have to attend one, it'll be under caution. If they come out to you, it'll be either fraud assumption or making sure you are claiming the correct benefits and amount after a change of circumstance.

It's only under caution if the letter states it's under caution. luckily mine doesn't xx

Benefits do random checks even on Child Benefit which everyone gets.

If nothing to worry about I wouldn't worry <3

Ah that's alright then.
Chances are you're being investigated for fraud, as you've stated it's for housing benefit, it's most likely that you haven't declared a (change of) income to your council be it yourself working or a partner. While they're at it, they'll bring up council tax too as they are normally claimed hand in hand. The roll out of Universal Credit is making it easier to tackle.

Be honest with them, they don't have cotton wool over their eyes and are pretty firm xx

Thanks. I'll update after tomorrow. I pay full council tax so at least that's one less thing to worry about lol

Did you manage to get to the bottom of it with them at all? Or has the snow been absolute mayhem where you are too? x

Hi. Yes I went to my interview. It was just to check I had the same amount of savings as when I applied. That's it. Paid £1.80 to park for 15 mins :dohh:

Wow. What a waste of time :haha: Surely that could have been confirmed over the phone! Or even emailing documents over. I really do hope the weather hasn't been bad where you are for the sake of that. Glad all has been cleared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->