Has anyone been prescribed Pizotifen for migraines?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hello

After a terrible spell of migraines recently, I went to the doctor to see if he could give me anything for them. Before I was pregnant, I was on amytriptaline as a preventative but that didn't seem to help, and today he prescribed Pizotifen.

I've to take one every night.

I'm a bit worried about the side effects that I've read about, particularly weight gain - I'm still trying to lose the baby weight!

Has anyone used this medication and got anything positive or negative to say about it?
x

Hi-i took it for two years after sufferring for a prolonged period of regular migraines. I felt very tired for two days then it passed. It worked!!!!!

and gave me a positive mental boost!

Since stopping them i only get the occassional migraine.

Worth a shot!

I havnt taken that but i always keep in Migraleave i think its called. It is the only thing that works for me. x

Hi! I was on Pizotifen for my chronic persistent headaches but never my migraines, strange! The Pizotifen never touched my migraines although it calmed the chronic headaches to a deal able level. I was also on

I was also on amytriptaline at the same time, and that didn't affect my migraines either.

There are many different medications out their for migraines so you may just need to give some of them a go and see what helps and what has no effect.

Personally I kept a strict food diary for 4 weeks and then cut out Dairy as that was what we believed to be my triggure. Aside from the odd migraine due to stress I am now mostly migraine free. So i'd always recommened people with migraines to keep a food diary and keep a record of when they have their migraines, so they can see if a pattern is there.

Coffee, red wine, cheese and citric fruits are all big trigures.

I hope you can find something that helps soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->