Has anyone been put on asprin after 12 weeks?

zebbed89

mummy to mollie & wtt
Reaction score
Hi I have high blood pressure have since I had my last daughter, I went and saw the doctor at 4 weeks as the bp tablets I was on are not suitable in pregnancy so was put on labetalol they also said at 12 weeks to start asprin but never said why? I read the leaflet with it and it said not to be taken with blood pressure tablets and liver problems(I have non alcaholic fatty liver disease) so was just wondering if anyone else was on asprin after 12 weeks and why? Thanks in advanc. X

Hi I've had to go on t from the start to prevent preeclampsia. I had it very severe and it resulted in my son being born prematurely. My best friend also had Preeclampsia in her last pregnancy but at 37 weeks. She has been put on aspirin from 12 weeks as a preventative measure x

My doctor told me to start it at 10 weeks, but after reading the related research I'd personally decided to wait until 13 weeks. The studies (which are good) all refer to starting after the first tri, so I decided I'd rather wait.

I had severe (asymptomatic) pre-eclampsia and DS was premature. There are good studies that support a preventive low dose aspirin, and support a 10% reduction in pre-eclampsia and an even greater reduction in premature birth (I am guessing some people got pre-e again, but not with premature birth?). But those studies all say "after the first trimester".

I'm also a bit concerned about taking aspirin while breastfeeding though, since you aren't supposed to.

Thank you. I had pre e to I was induced at 38+6 just had high bp from 34 weeks. I feel better knowing that other people are taking it. I had only ever heard of it being taken before 12 weeks. X

Yes it can also be used to prevent early recurrent miscarriage. I took it from ovulation with my son and took it from BFP with this pregnancy.

Misspriss I was also asymptomatic - basically a ticking time bomb. Thank god for my 32 week midwife appointment where it was discovered. Within the hour I was in high dependency on mag sulphate and even after having my son I was in hospital for another fortnight. Scary.

Yes it can also be used to prevent early recurrent miscarriage. I took it from ovulation with my son and took it from BFP with this pregnancy.

Misspriss I was also asymptomatic - basically a ticking time bomb. Thank god for my 32 week midwife appointment where it was discovered. Within the hour I was in high dependency on mag sulphate and even after having my son I was in hospital for another fortnight. Scary.

Wow same here almost. I went in for a 31 week appt (we were on odd weeks?) and BP was slightly elevated, trace protein. At 32 week appt, BP was down and urine clear. Over that weekend (I kept up with BP at home) my BP skyrocketed and I was in the hospital with +3 urine Monday, my 24 hr urine Tuesday was off the charts bad (why mine was "severe") and induced Tuesday night. I was in the hospital a week total (4 days after DS was born by c-section). They didn't start the $%&$ mag sulfate until I was on pitocin though.

I'm also taking magnesium supplements all through pregnancy to help prevent getting it again. They help with anxiety and constipation, as an added benefit...

I had a similar story with dd. I went for a routine check at 32 weeks and was refered for high bp and protein in my urine. By 32+5 and after trying labetalol and giving me steroid jabs i had a bp of 193/105 and put on mag sulph and emergency csection at 32+5.

Im pg again 8 weeks and have my booking app on the 21st. Im hoping they put me on something as im petrified of going through all that again. :(

Wow reading your stories is strange as I was feeling reduced movement at 34 weeks went in to assesment unit and baby was fine on trace but my bp was 173/102 was admitted to haspital for 4 days on labetalol and bp reduced slightly. I had to go for check ups every 2 days I started getting protein In my urine and my bp was slowly rising at 38 weeks I had a check up and I had loads of protein and my liver function tests were coming back abnormal my bp was still rising . They called me to go in that night to be induced. When I had my bp done before being induced it was 200/130 and it didnt drop until 9 days after birth. Everybody else they haven't left really? X x

Wow reading your stories is strange as I was feeling reduced movement at 34 weeks went in to assesment unit and baby was fine on trace but my bp was 173/102 was admitted to haspital for 4 days on labetalol and bp reduced slightly. I had to go for check ups every 2 days I started getting protein In my urine and my bp was slowly rising at 38 weeks I had a check up and I had loads of protein and my liver function tests were coming back abnormal my bp was still rising . They called me to go in that night to be induced. When I had my bp done before being induced it was 200/130 and it didnt drop until 9 days after birth. Everybody else they haven't left really? X x

I guess it's up to your doctor. My urine protein was awful. Like anything over 3 is pre-eclampsia, anything over 5 is "severe"....mine was 11.

My liver function tests were all normal, as far as they told me. I think my doctor had people seize before and thought it would be better to have DS out and in the NICU than risk it any further, especially after reviewing his size on the ultrasound (which was of course off, he was smaller than estimated).

And mine didn't creep up gradually, it shot up overnight. I had a few "slightly elevated", like 141/88 or something, but they went back down and stayed back down. Then one day they just shot up and stayed unless I entirely quit moving.

I guess it's up to your doctor. My urine protein was awful. Like anything over 3 is pre-eclampsia, anything over 5 is "severe"....mine was 11.

My liver function tests were all normal, as far as they told me. I think my doctor had people seize before and thought it would be better to have DS out and in the NICU than risk it any further, especially after reviewing his size on the ultrasound (which was of course off, he was smaller than estimated).

And mine didn't creep up gradually, it shot up overnight. I had a few "slightly elevated", like 141/88 or something, but they went back down and stayed back down. Then one day they just shot up and stayed unless I entirely quit moving.

That is true. I know my protien was above 3 but dont know what. My bp didnt drop below 150/100 until the night before I was discharged. It amazes me the difference In pre e case and how differently they are handled. X

That is true. I know my protien was above 3 but dont know what. My bp didnt drop below 150/100 until the night before I was discharged. It amazes me the difference In pre e case and how differently they are handled. X

Yeah, my doctor told me, and then the next words out of his mouth were "I think we should induce tonight". He didn't tell me what was "severe" or not, I read that on the internet later.

I was sat on my sofa thinking everything was fine as they had let me come home then they rang and said we want you to come in were going to induce you. I rushed upstairs and shaved my legs hehe! X

I was sat on my sofa thinking everything was fine as they had let me come home then they rang and said we want you to come in were going to induce you. I rushed upstairs and shaved my legs hehe! X

Lucky. I was in the hospital, about to hop in the shower when the doc came in with my results. I asked if I could shower before the induction, he said he'd rather put in the foley bulb first and then I should be able to shower with it in. He ordered intermittent monitoring for me overnight, the nurse said "I'd rather do continuous"...so there went my shower. I was stinky and nasty for all of my labor, my surgery, and for a couple days after until they let me get a shower. It was so humiliating.

Oh thats not nice of them! I notice your 2 days behind me im due may 26th xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"