has anyone else experienced this? (tmi)

flutterbylge

Riley's mummy & expecting
Reaction score
the last 3 weeks i am woken up by this terrible itching urge down there :blush: at the same time every night, between 4.30 and 5 am. its awful and keeps me up for about half an hour..
its awful and soooo embarrrassing. i also have thickened white dicharge for the last 2 weeks i thought it might have been thrush but the midwife said the discharge is normal at this stage of pregnancy.. aaaarrgh :cry: its awful and sooo embarrassing.

I am sorry it is so graphic but im really sick of it and just wondering if im the only one..

I had itching.. but it turned out to be a yeast infection.. Cause increased discharge can also be a sign of a yeast infection... so I wasn't sure if it was that, or the pregnancy, but after I treated myself with monistat I was fine a few days later! :)

Other than that, I'm not sure what it would be... especially if it's at the same time every night.. That's a little odd! Lol.

Sounds like a yeast infection hun. HAve you told your mw about the itching? Let her know next time you go, or go to your gp. x

It couldn't be related to anything else you do could it? Like if you're having a bath before you go to bed every night you could be more sensitive to soap now so it could start something off that doesn't get bad enough to wake you til the early hours of the morning?

Just a thought... it's strange that it's at the same time everyday :hugs: x

Hmm it sounds like a yeast infection to me! Just from the way you describe the discharge.. I know it's normal for increased discharge but I thought it was supposed to be umm pretty fluid and more clear rather than thick? Does it smell different? I know that's sort of asking a lot lol but apparently a yeast infection makes you smell different down there in addition to the itchiness..

I've never had one but that's how it was explained to me.. :) I'd be treating myself with one of the home kits if I had those symptoms.

Sounds like a yeast infection or as Elm said maybe something your body is reacting too, a new soap of some sort?? Hope you feel better soon tho :hugs:

Increased discharge IS normal in pg but not that kind of discharge. What you describe is almost certainly a yeast infection (thrush) and can be safely treated with Monistat or other over the counter remedies. Just make sure you read the back carefully as it will let you know which preparations are safe during pregnancy. Yeast infections are ALSO more common during pg, which your MW should know. :dohh:

It could simply be that you have Thrush and that having your legs closed for so many hours while asleep is agrivating it. I would get to the Doc and try some canestan (sp?) and see if that helps hun xxx :hug:

sounds liek thrush symptoms hun , Doctor can prescribe something to help straight away with the itching . xxx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->