Has anyone else noticed that their EWCM comes out in a huge glob? Is this good or bad

whimesy3

Reaction score
Hello,

OK so I usually notice that when I do get EWCM that it comes out in a huge glob. It looks exactly like EWCM, comes out when I should be ovulating, sometimes will have a streak of blood in it..I know its the EWCM.. Sometimes I will go to the BR and it will just be hanging out, so I will pull it out, and it actually feels like I am pulling it from a plug (my cervix).

Is this a good or a bad thing? Because it seems pretty thick and rubbery. and slippery... I could stretch it forever...

I ask if its good or bad because if its too thick and rubbery, would that not make it harder for the sperm to swim in? Its never watery or anything. Just a huge glob like that and that is all that I notice although I have never checked my cervix for more. I never have needed to, it just comes out.. is this making sense?

Anyways, opinions? I am taking cough syrup with 200mg of the ingredient that thins out mucous, maybe this will be helpful? :shrug:

Hey Hun
ewcm shouldn't be too thick according to all info on the net. I get the clear thick glob you describe the day after ovulation. But how are we to know whether our ewcm is too thick or not?! We don't get to stand in the bathroom to compare with each other. (gross!) Lol!
:)
I'd love to know how the cough syrup stuff works for you as I'm considering buying some for next cycle. GL

the spermies LOVE that stuff. I know it seems thick, but it's perfect for them and is full of sugar to sustain them on their journey. Sperm are tiny, so it's not like you having to the breaststroke through it. Crack open an egg and look at the egg white. That's the kind of globby thickness you want.

The globs are a good sign. Many women are would be envious. GL :thumbup:
Guaifenesin can make it lighter. You take it in the five days leading up to ovulation to thin it out of you're worried.

the spermies LOVE that stuff. I know it seems thick, but it's perfect for them and is full of sugar to sustain them on their journey. Sperm are tiny, so it's not like you having to the breaststroke through it. Crack open an egg and look at the egg white. That's the kind of globby thickness you want.

The globs are a good sign. Many women are would be envious. GL :thumbup:
Guaifenesin can make it lighter. You take it in the five days leading up to ovulation to thin it out of you're worried.

So do you think that if it comes out in a glob like that, there is more where that came from? Like still some left up there for the sperm? Have you any idea why it feels as if I am literally pulling a plug when I remove this ? Because it just hangs out most of the time, so i pull it to get rid of it (sorry tmi)...

I only noticed ewcm once the last time we were ttc, and it was just as you described. That month was the month we conceived. Good luck :) xx

I only noticed ewcm once the last time we were ttc, and it was just as you described. That month was the month we conceived. Good luck :) xx

LOL Wow, Chubbin I am so happy that you conceived that month! :happydance:

I get this stuff all the time, so I guess thats a good thing:shrug:

Just dont know why it comes out in such a huge blob. Do you think that the huge blob was actually once a protective shield -for lack of a better term:haha:- in the cervix, and then it turned to this blob, came out and now whatever is left over in the cervix is not the same consistency except thinner? LOL IDK Im just throwing things out there. '

Trying to make since of our oh so amazing female bodies and the things they do :)

I had this the 1st time I ovulated after coming off the implant. It stretched and stretched and didn't break and it was so thick. Like a piece of a rubber, I told a picture cause was in awe (deleted later when I realised how gross that was lol).

That month I asked my DH to put a condom on cause I was nervous about TTC, I bet if we would have tried that time we would have been preggos.

Unfortunately I've never had it since.

I had this the 1st time I ovulated after coming off the implant. It stretched and stretched and didn't break and it was so thick. Like a piece of a rubber, I told a picture cause was in awe (deleted later when I realised how gross that was lol).

That month I asked my DH to put a condom on cause I was nervous about TTC, I bet if we would have tried that time we would have been preggos.

Unfortunately I've never had it since.

That is exactly how mine is : So stretchy it does not break. And so slippery that I can barely hold it to stretch it. So this is a good thing? I see this more often than I dont. I dont understand how sperm could swim through this, really LOL. And WHY does it come out in one big glob? I hope someone can add something that may enlighten me lol. If this is a good thing, then why do women use cough syrup to make it thinner??

"Deleted it later when I realized how gross that was" ba haa haaaaa.

I used to get this alot last time TTC from what I remember its basicly like a plug youll often get it just before OV its a build u pof the CM since the begining of that cycle and then will get slightly finner after the plug come out you then produce quality CM so to speak :)
Some womens comes out a bit finner or thicker then others so some see a big glob like jelly, some will just get a thickish smear and others wont even notice it at all and quite often drops away when you wee so you wouldnt know it was there.

sorry just being nosy over here but is that big glob a sign that your ovulating then? I stopped my birth control three weeks ago and been using condoms but af is yet to arrive x have cramps now and a big glob last week lol x

sorry just being nosy over here but is that big glob a sign that your ovulating then? I stopped my birth control three weeks ago and been using condoms but af is yet to arrive x have cramps now and a big glob last week lol x

Yes that definitely means you are about to O from what I am reading.

I used to get this alot last time TTC from what I remember its basicly like a plug youll often get it just before OV its a build u pof the CM since the begining of that cycle and then will get slightly finner after the plug come out you then produce quality CM so to speak :)
Some womens comes out a bit finner or thicker then others so some see a big glob like jelly, some will just get a thickish smear and others wont even notice it at all and quite often drops away when you wee so you wouldnt know it was there.

What is POF mean?

OK thank you. that ,makes a little more sense .

Wow that is one cute kid you got there :)

Ive only ever gotten EWCM twice and it was in the form of a big glob- this past July (when I was still on the pill) and during this cycle (first cycle off the pills). It was weird, I felt like there was something funny down there, went to the bathroom and wiped and there on the tp, weird clearish snot like stuff. It was definitely stretchy!

What is POF mean?

it means this stupid laptop has a dodgy space bar and was ment to say build up of :haha:

Thank you I still have no idea how he got so cute, not from us thats for sure :)

What is POF mean?

it means this stupid laptop has a dodgy space bar and was ment to say build up of :haha:

Thank you I still have no idea how he got so cute, not from us thats for sure :)

Oh OK I gottcha... I been sitting here all day trying to guess what it could mean. Haha.

No really that baby is adorable. Im not one of those people that think all babies are cute either! :nope:

I used to get that kind of EWCM all the time! But actually, I haven't noticed any like that in a while....months at least... :( I think when you see that stuff it's definitely time to start :sex:!

I used to get that kind of EWCM all the time! But actually, I haven't noticed any like that in a while....months at least... :( I think when you see that stuff it's definitely time to start :sex:!

I havent noticed any either since March really...

Maybe it has started to come out little by little instead of one huge glob, thats why we dont notice it... :shrug:

Hey ladies. I'm new here and I was looking for an answer on this too. I get this too, and it kinda looks like snot. Glad to see this is okay.

Its amazing (and somtimes realy discusting) the things you start to notice about your body and what it produces once you start TTC.
Beforehand you wouldnt have had a clue about half the stuff that goes on till you look for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->