Has anyone else suffered an early loss and a late loss?

iloveblue

Reaction score
Hi
We lost a baby at 20 weeks gestation in October, fell pregnant again in January and lost this baby on Sunday (at 7/8 weeks).

I immediately thought there must be a connection but both the GP and nurse I've spoken to said they won't be linked - they are completly different, which does make sense to me now.

We see the consultant in March regarding the test and PM results from out first loss.

I was just wondering if anyone else had suffered both and if so, was any link ever found between them?
And also, to cheer me up a bit, has anyone then gone on to have a successful pregnancy?

I have had two successful pregnancies with no problems (two boys, now 4 and 6) and then this - it just doesn't make sense.:nope:

Hello,

I am sorry to hear about both your losses. I, like you suffered lost my son at 20 weeks gestation. I had a number of probs mostly due to bleeding in first and second trimester - which caused a haematoma between my uterus and placenta. I sadly went on to have two subsequent missed mc one at 8wks and then another a few months later at 10 wks - my preg were pretty much back to back. The early mc were simply put down to one of those things and after all my losses I was tested for all the normal conditions such as blood issues, I was even genetic tested - everything came back negative although one blood clotting test did come back borderline. I suspected my early (subsequent mc) were due to the stress of losing my first son, however, the dr's were quick to dismiss my theory although I think the mind plays a great part in how the body copes physically.

It was agreed that in any next preg I would take clexane injections daily
20mg plus aspirin 75mg both as a precaution to keep my blood nice and heavy and thin - avoid any clotting. My consultant did say that it could have been tiny tiny clots forming in the placenta - although we will probably never really know for sure. Its frustrating.

My last preg was finally successful after 3 losses and lots of heartache. Im sorry to hear about your losses

Hi Dani-Lou
Thanks for your reply and I'm sorry for your losses.
But congratulations on the birth of your son - he is gorgeous!

I agree, it is very frustrating. Part of me thought that maybe I got pregnant again too soon but my GP said that was a myth and there is no evidence to support that theory.

Maybe we will get some answers when we see the consultant in a few weeks. But she did know I was pregnant again and hadn't informed me of anything I needed to be doing - like taking aspirin etc.

i think i need asprin next time as i had bleeding and lots of clots and eventually lost him at 19 weeks:( i sooooooooooo dont want to have to go throu this again:(

Best of luck at the appointment. Nine times out of ten they don't have the answers and I'm told that's a good thing - although frustrating as it can be for us. I was never diagnosed with anything - certain conditions can cause late losses and early - lupus, thyroid probs and certain blood disorders. I took the clexane and aspirin as a precaution more than anything and in my situation I feel they helped.
Sometimes these things happen and there is often no reason as to why. Its awful to experience one loss never mind two or three. I waited so patiently to become a mum and suffered much heartache along the road but got there eventually - despite wanting to give up. Hope my story gives you some hope.
Take care x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->