Has anyone ever been pregnant yet tested negative?

Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by blondie_, Mar 29, 2011.

1. blondie_

blondie_ Well-Known Member

Ok firstly i apoligise if this is not in the correct bit feel free to move mods.

I am late by ten days i have never been this late before except in November when i was ten days late yet came on the tenth day. I have been in hospital with suspected ectopic but both times they've sent me home and said my bloods had no HCG in the system. What is going on with my body? Has anyone experienced the same thing? When my mum was due with my sister she found out it at 5months and had very low hcg levels for how far she was. Could i still be pregnant?

2. MoonLove

MoonLove Well-Known Member

My mom was the same as yours. Yes, it is possible :)!

3. staycutee

staycutee mummy

When I suspected I was pregnant with Lucas I got loads of negative tests but a digi said I was 3+ weeks. It took another 5 days (ish) to show up on regular tests at all.

4. sparkle_1979

sparkle_1979 Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009

yeah a few times actually. I don't usually get a positive until I'm about 5 weeks

5. amie-leigh

amie-leigh Mummy To Princess Morgan

yes when i was pregnant with morgan i didn't get a clear positive until almost 7 weeks and even then it was faint until almost 12weeks but blood tests did come back positive at 8weeks

6. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

after about 8wks ur hcg levels drop again so its possible if you dont catch it in time that your levels might not be strong enough for some tests, i personally had several neg tests then a early mc 2wice and caus theres no pos test on record then it took me forever to get the doctor to add it to my antenatal records

7. xoxsarahxox

xoxsarahxox Well-Known Member

it took me 5 negative tests before one finally shown positive and i was about 4 weeks gone by then. x

8. blondie_

If i were to be pregnant i would now be about 5 and half weeks. I am going to re test again next week. I should of mentiond to the doctor really about my mum.

9. blondie_

When you say it took 5 days ish to show up, how many days late were you?

10. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

I did a couple of tests (POAS junkie :haha:) and they were negative but I think I must have just been really early on. I tested a couple of days later just because I felt like it :shrug: and I got my BFP! xx

11. blondie_

How early were you? The bloods were negative yesterday at ten days late. :wacko:

12. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

I was only a couple of days late as I recall but my periods were not back to normal due to BF and I think I only had 2 before I was pregnant again. Good luck hun, hope you get the result you want. xx

13. chelseaharvey

chelseaharvey Well-Known Member

Yes it is possible

Back in 2003 i did loads of PG tests as i felt pregnant had all the signs but kept getting BFN's

I had a blood test & found out i was 8 weeks pregnant. I did another PG test after being told i was def pregnant & still it kept showing up as a BFN?

14. blondie_

How late were you when you had that blood test? I am going to retest next week. I have woken up in the night feeling really nauseous and have other symptons if im not starting to think its in my head.

15. Georgie90

Georgie90 Guest

Yep me!!
    Only a blood test and no period confirmed it for me babe x

16. Elli21

Elli21 Well-Known Member

I didnt have that with my first two.
    So when i tested agter being a week late this time, and it came up negative, i just took it as that.
    But at 12 days late i thought id do another one, i took a digi and it told me i was 3+ and then a few days after that i got a positive on a normal test.
    I hope this helps x

17. Baby France

Baby France Me and my amazing babies!

I took about 4 tests as I KNEW I was pregnant second time around. I ended up leaving it as my periods were all over the place.

It was only until my OH told me I was pregnant (said he could tell from my boobs and bum) that I did another test and I was! (That was about 3 weeks later!)

18. Hollys_Twinny

Hollys_Twinny Well-Known Member

Yeah my mate had negatives up until around 8 weeks x

19. cinnamum

cinnamum Mumof_6_PREG W#7

yes, ive had loads of false negs xxx

20. EstelSeren

EstelSeren Married Mum of 2!

I've only just tested positive now! I'd guess I'm about 8 weeks pregnant. This was with a frer as well!

Beca :wave: