Has anyone ever had a tooth out?

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
When I was pregnant I chipped my tooth, the dentist tried to fill it but because I was pregnant she could only put a temporary filling in, needless to say it fell out and throughout the time of pregnancy it gradually got worse, to the extent that I now only have half a tooth where it is.

I went to the dentists on Tuesday and she's said about pulling it out. I have a massive fear of the dentist so I've said I'd rather not but I'm in so much pain with it that I'm leaning towards just getting it pulled out and problem solved, my biggest problem is teeth being pulled IS my fear.

Has anyone ever had a tooth that wasn't wobbly pulled out? Does it hurt? Be honest please :rofl:

I had my wisdom tooth out a couple of years back at the dental hospital as an emergency

They numbed the gum before injecting it, so I felt nothing. The worst part of the removal was hearing it believe it or not

It was a bit painful that evening but I just filled up on pain killers

I had a tooth out about 3 years ago. It didn't hurt but it was uncomfortable. The aftermath was worse, it bled all night. I'm absolutely terrified of the dentist too, but sometimes there's no getting away with these things!

yep and i have a fear of dentists after having my wisdom teeth messed up. I cracked mine as when giving birth to lo i clenched my teeth and had a filling in that tooth which cracked. The dentist knew i was scared since when last had numming stuff didnt work, he made sure it was completly numb and told me what he was doing. Mine wasent wobbly and had to cut more than usual to get root. I felt nothing and then was sore but not unmanageble for a few days. i would just tell dentist your scarred so they can go through each stepm Mine was so good. you can always take someone with you. When i was having teeth sorted after wisdom teeth came out my sister came in with me and dental nurse even held my hand. I wouldent worry at all about it. It didnt take to long, think i was out in 30 minutes and that was with him giving checkup to

ive had 6 pulled out (i had another adult tooth under them all)..

it didnt hurt but you can have an injection to numb it if you want - i didnt bother. And if that worries you, you can have a cream on to numb the spot where the injection goes..

but tbh by the time the injections kicked in you could of had it pulled out & been half way home. xx

I have a terrible fear of dentists after having a bad experience with a school dentist , which resulted in avoiding them 20 years plus :blush: I very reluctantly finally went after being in agony for months on and off and being left with only the front side of the tooth ! The fear was worse than the actual procedure , it was just a bit of tugging and twisting but nowhere near as bad as I feared! I'm still not a fan but will go if necessary hth :thumbup:

I had my bottom left last tooth out (I don't have bottom wisdoms for some reason) and it didn't hurt but it's when you can hear it crack that is just awful. It was a really hard tooth to pull and the dentist was proper stood up yanking on it. Thankfully it didn't hurt. It was afterwards when it started to heal that was a nightmare. I got dry socket and it was so painful and not healing properly. It took (what seemed like) ages to heal.

I got a tooth pulled as they cracked it when removing my wisdom teeth so ended up with a huge filling which caused me issues.
She gave me the jab but I could still feel it so she had to do a total block. That wasnt nice as it was right on the nerve :( the actual extraction was fine and it was fine healing wise too. I had no pain.

May I ask the reason they are removing it? If you have half a tooth left, I would have thought re filling it or crowning it would be options?

I have about 25% of a tooth left and the dentist has filled it and will crown it when the filling has settled in a couple of months.

My dentist says that extraction is usually the last option that they use and will do everything they can to preserve the tooth first.

Having said that, if you do have to have an extraction done I'm sure you will be fine. Tell them you are nervous and they will do all they can to put you at ease. I hate the dentist and I always close my eyes, take lots of deep breaths and try to visualise my favourite holiday! x

May I ask the reason they are removing it? If you have half a tooth left, I would have thought re filling it or crowning it would be options?

I have about 25% of a tooth left and the dentist has filled it and will crown it when the filling has settled in a couple of months.

My dentist says that extraction is usually the last option that they use and will do everything they can to preserve the tooth first.

Having said that, if you do have to have an extraction done I'm sure you will be fine. Tell them you are nervous and they will do all they can to put you at ease. I hate the dentist and I always close my eyes, take lots of deep breaths and try to visualise my favourite holiday! x

I've had numerous fillings done but they always fall out! The reason she wants to remove it is because there's an infection in the gum under the tooth. She said I don't have to have it removed if I don't want to but I'm in so much pain with it I'm starting to feel like its not worth keeping.

It's the tooth next to my wisdom tooth at the right hand side at the top so I don't think I'd miss it that much?

I have. It wasn't a brill experience but i am petrified of the dentist!
It was doable though and fairly quick!
The bleeding afterwards wasn't fun.

I've had numerous fillings done but they always fall out! The reason she wants to remove it is because there's an infection in the gum under the tooth. She said I don't have to have it removed if I don't want to but I'm in so much pain with it I'm starting to feel like its not worth keeping.

It's the tooth next to my wisdom tooth at the right hand side at the top so I don't think I'd miss it that much?

Exactly the same tooth I'm having problems with, but mine's on the left! I mentioned extraction to my dentist but he was against it - I don't have infection though.

The first (replacement) filling he gave me fell out whilst I was still in the chair, so he used a different material and redid it. He said it may not last, but the one that was in there before that I chipped lasted about 4 years.

I've had a few removed. Local anesthetic doesn't work very well on me but even then it didn't hurt much. It hurt for a few days afterwards when I had a wisdom tooth out but I don't remember it hurting at all when I had another molar out when I was a teenager so maybe when they don't have to cut into your gum then its not so bad.

I had my far back right one removed.

They used numb spray, then anesthetic injections (did not feel at all) then pulled it again no pain at all.

I felt the movement of it coming out which was weird but in no way painful. Healed really well aswell 2 hours later was hard to believe it had been done at all.

I HATE needles and it honestly wasnt bad i just kept my eyes closed.

I had the worst experience with my tooth - but it was worth it. Ill be honest with you, but again, it wasnt THAT bad looking back.. just sounds bad!! Im terrified of dentists, needles, i have anxiety all that... and i had an abscessed tooth.. a molar in the back. i was in so so much pain so they numbed me (i didnt even feel the needle) but then my bone structure was so strong and apaprently i have abnormally long roots.. its took 2 hours to have the damn thing pulled!!! the poor dentist who was so sweet had to stand over me and attempt to just yank it out. i never felt a thing, i just sat there for 2 hours. it was bloody but again, my situation isnt the norm. when i walked home with hubby i was so numbed (cause of the length of time it took i had to have the numbing needle thing topped up numerous times) i started bleeding and had people staring.. i had no idea till hubby looked at me and freaked out cause it looked like i had been abused!!! haha.. but the healing wasnt that bad and i had a huuuuge hole in my mouth. i just had to be very careful for a week... but it was no pain, mine just took longer. the dentist told me in his career he had never seen roots like mine and even kept my tooth cause he was all excited haha. you will be fine. if i lived through that without passing out from fear.. you will too!! haha. even with my story, id re live it again if i had too. it really wasnt that bad. :)

I had all four wisdom teeth out in one day. They numbed it and once it took effect was fine. I took one Aleve when I left and never needed anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->