has anyone ever had one sided labor pains?

jzgrace

Reaction score
My right side hurts sooooo bad. Every time baby moves it tales my breath away. And I cant help crying and moaning. It hurts so bad. Goes from low in my bump around my hip and down into my leg.

That sounds more like sciatica pain, which I do have. It can start in the back or front and be on both or one side but it tends to radiate down into either the backs of the thighs or down around your hip and groin area in the front and it is incredibly painful. Sorry you are experiencing this. How far along are you? I got sciatica pain very early on, maybe around 16 weeks, it was horrible, but it has let up a lot now, I'm thinking the baby has changed her position or my muscles, nerves, and such have just gotten used to carrying the extra load, lol. Hope you can get some relief. Does it hurt worse if you lay in the floor and try to roll over using your hips? Getting down on all fours and arching your back with head down like a Halloween cat and then slowly transitioning into back dipped and head up, several times can sometimes help this pain also. There are lots of suggestions for relief on you tube, too. But Tylenol works wonders for it too! Hope this helps.

Ive been suffering from sciatica for months too. I would welcome the sciatica pain over this any day. This feels like its coming from inside my uterus. It started when I went to the restroom. And I went and laid down on the couch then 15 minutes later the pain got even worse. Like the pain of a contraction but mostly on my right side. I get bad af cramps and it felt just like af only magnified by 1000. It happened once. I'm laying in bed now drinking water hoping everything is ok. It just didnt feel right. I never got one sided pain with dd1&2. So idk. Im 37+2. I feel like its too early.

Hmm...I'm not sure...I know when I was in the hospital my sciatica pain felt exactly like your describing in both post, I thought I might of had a kidney stone, which is also a possibility for you, especially if you've had them before. You tend to produce more stones during pregnancy whether you've had them before or not, but esp. if you've had them previously. But, I'm sure it could also be labor pains, I would time them and go from there, or just go in to be seen. If the pain is that bad I would of probably already left to go to the hospital. But that's just me.

Dh has been trying to get me to go. But I talked to l&d and they said to only come in when ive been contracting for 3 hours. I thought that was insane! When I told dh what she said he said "ok you lay there and relax while I call our attorney" he obvioulsy thought it was crazy too. This is my 3rd baby and non of my other docs were ever so rude and uncaring.

Well, you know your body more than anyone and you also DONT have to have their "perrmission" to go to the ER or LD. I would just go.

Ur right. My insurance pays them. So they work for me.... I think im going in if it happens again. Dh will be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->