Has anyone ever used iPod tech support??

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
We bought Kayleigh a 2g iPod shuffle for Xmas, and it has been stuck to her ears ever since. :roll:

Last night I told her to put her muddy school trousers in the wshing machine, but then noticed the headphones going round and round half hour later. :shock: The poor kid was devestated. :cry:

When the washing was done, it didn't work (no suprise there), but about 2 hours later, the power light came on, but no sound. So we've left it to dry out, but it still doesn't want to work, and now not even a power light.

So this morning, I logged onto the Apple site for tech support, filled in all the bits as it's still under warranty, and then clicked 'submit'. It told me that I would be getting an email which would tell me what to do.

Well the emails come through and that says they are sending out a replacement, and then they want me to send this one back! :shock:

Now, admittedly I didn't tell them that it had been washed, I just said there was no power. Do you think they'll be able to tell? It's such a tiny little thing and seems sealed so water isn't going to pour out.

It's this one:
https://store.apple.com/Apple/WebOb...iPodshuffle&wosid=U73la1xQS2sH2WaLLCT1bS9KIWo

are they sending it out b4 u send urs back??

Hun, have you tried it with other headphones? Does it still register with the pc when you plug it in? TBH if the powers coming on then the circuitry's prob ok, but headphones are less durable. Best sign to see if the ipod itself is ok is to see if you can still transfer songs onto.

Regarding sending it back, they prob dont bother checking the ipod, they just want it back to make sure you're not trying to get a 2nd one free :)

They send me the replacement before I send mine back! :shock:

This is how the email is worded:

We have received your request for a replacement product. Your Repair ID is *******.

If you ordered a replacement iPod shuffle, it will come with instructions for returning your original iPod shuffle to Apple using the packaging provided. Do not include any other items, such as headphones, as they will not be returned to you.

If you ordered a replacement Nike + iPod Sport Kit, it will come with instructions for returning your original receiver and sensor to Apple using the packaging provided.

Your replacement product should arrive shortly. To avoid being charged a non-return fee, you must return the original to Apple within ten (10) business days of the date Apple sends the replacement.

gaby - it won't register power at all today. The light doesn't come on, and it also doesn't charge, and the pc doesn't register it's on the docker.

I'm a bit worried as I didn't go onto the site to order a replacement. I just wanted advise about what to do, and then this is what they sent me! :shock: I hope they don't think I'm trying to scam them. :oops:

Sorry Amanda but I think you need to clarify to them what has gone wrong!

If they do send you a replacement and get yours back and root cause the fault as customer abuse they are well within their right to charge you for the replacement part, and the cost of their time spent on your returned device.

Is this the new Shuffle?

I thought it was only available in 512k or 1GB at the mo. I looked into it last night.

Mmm, water + battery doesnt usually go well. I have this ipod in a 1gb ^_^

ImTheDaddy said:

I thought it was only available in 512k or 1GB at the mo. I looked into it last night.

It is the 1GB one - when I said 2g, I meant 2nd Generation, sorry!

Well, the replacement turned up yesterday, and there was nothing in the packaging to tell me how to send the other one back.

So I've just rang them to be told:

We are aware of a fault with the battery of some iPod Suffles, and your serial number denotes that you had a faulty battery fitted, so we have replaced it free of charge. You can dispose of the other one as we don't need it back. Sorry for any inconvenience. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

:shock:

So Kayleigh has a brand new iPod! :shock: :lol:

Phew! :oops: :lol:

Wow how jammy are you

Share the serial number :lol:

What a bonus!!!! :dance:

lets hope we all have such luck with our laptops :lol:

fantastic hun!!! bet u have 1 happy daughter!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics