Has anyone experienced cramping during early pregnancy?

MichelleH22

Reaction score
Is it normal to experience cramping during the first month of pregnancy? Should I worry?

I get cramps randomly too, that sort of feel like aunt flow. It is nothing to worry about, and actually something to be happy about. haha The cramps are attributed to your uterus growing to accommodate for that growing baby!

I have had cramping too. I have noticed that when I have mine most of the time is when I have been walking around somewhere (a mall for instance) for a while. My MIL is a midwife and she said that if you have been walking for a while or have been working or etc. and start cramping and get dizzy, sit down for a while and relax, other than that it is completely normal unless accompanied by lots of blood or etc. :)

So normal that I think there's more cause to worry by not having cramps. :)

Definitely normal! They freaked me out for a long time too but they are completely normal - almost felt like my period would arrive any moment for quite a while.

Ive had cramps as well. At first i was worried, but after reading on here that they were normal i relaxed about it.

I got my BFP on saturday and I am still getting cramps now.... keep nipping to the loo to chack there is no blood!

I reel so much happier now, I don't know what I would do without the support of you ladies on b and b.

Thank you and congratulations to you all x

Thanks Ladies, Have just breathed a huge sigh of relief as have been getting odd cramps and been totally convinced I'm going to lose "Button" any moment. I can't TELL you how happy your posts have made me. Thank you!!!
xxx

I had cramps from before I got my :bfp: up until last week, they seem to have died down now - I hope that's not a bad sign though!!!

I had mild cramping on and off from the day we got our :bfp: until last week when they went away for a few days.

At first when i got them i freaked out big time, then when they went away i freaked out big time!

I have read so much around this and it seems it is perfectly normal so try not to worry :hugs:

I also had cramps and was so scared. I got an early scan at 7+5 and all was fine and saw heartbeat. I am 10+5 now and cramps have gone away, also appetite is returning which is fabulous news!!

Honestly, don't worry (though I don't know why I say that as I worry everyday too about something or other). I have my next scan on 20th and am very excited. Hopefully will stop worrying after that!?

Hi hun,
I've had tonnes of cramps just like period pains...as long as no blood with the pains your fine! Wait till the day comes where you don't have any you'll start thinking something is wrong then ha I've given myself nightmares worrying about it but everything is fine it'll just be your bean settling in!

Good Luck xxx

cramping most days for me........as long as there is no blood to accompany.....i am happy! :D

hiya hun , yeah cramps here too they were really bad inbetween weeks 3-6 eased off for few weeks but im in week 10 an they have started to return guess im stretching more now :blush: definatley thought af was arriving !

I stil get them half the time mine is gas but still very worrysome

hi i'm on to my fourth week and yes most of the days i have cramps too, PMS-like cramps. i was scared but now i read here that everything's normal as long it's w/o blood..i can breathe now whew!thank you ladies!

anyway another question though, are lowe back pains normal too???

Hi Rubiruru - I get lower back pain if I stand in one position for too long - think its your posture shifting (ready for the lovely "S" back in a few months...!). Well that's my theory anyway!

xx

I was experiencing some cramping, especially around when AF was due. I was convinced I was going to come on my period so gave it no thought when I didnt lol. 4 days later I realised that I might just be pregnant :)

Anyways, since then I've had some cramping on my right side which sometimes switches to my left. As for lower back pain, I've had alot of that as I'm on my feet quite alot for work and since yesterday, I've had some shooting pains in the back of my hip which has been very uncomfortable :(

It's all normal and part and parcel of the stretching processes going on! As has already been said, as long as there's no bleeding then it should be ok. If you're overly worried then a call to your GP or MW may put your mind at rest :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->