Has anyone found anything that helps with spots in pregnancy?

claireclaired

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im 21 weeks and still suffering from spots! Ive suffered with acne before getting pregnanat but was controlling it through medication which of course Ive had to stop.

Im breaking out on my chin, chest and back. Too be fair apart from my chin the rest of my face is clear but the ones Im getting on my chin are big and painful.

Has anyone had any luck clearing spots up in pregnancy? Im going to the Docs on Monday anyway so Im going to plead with him to give me something. Has anyone had meds prescribed to them in pregnancy for their acne?

ANY help would be much appreciated, its making me sad :(

Thanks
Claire xx
21 weeks

I have this, Tea tree antiseptic cream. Works for me and is safe. I asked the chemist. x

I got it too and I have never had it before, I was sooo mad. I use the aspirin mask. I crush up a few non coated aspirin and mix some water in it until it turns to paste and leave it on until it hardens a bit and then wash my face. it works soooo well.

i went to the docs and was prescribed Zineryt, its def safe to use during pregnancy i had the doc, pharamcist and the Zineryt company make sure and clears the spots up :)

Yep, Dr prescribed me a liquid topical antibiotic for my face and back, its really good, cleared it up in about 1 to 2 weeks. Its American tho so name would prolly be useless, I'm sure he is in the know if you just ask him for an acne antibi :)

I got prescribed some cream from the Doc when expecting my son, but I cant for the life of me tell you what it was called! Toothpaste works quite well at drying them out, and my sister swears by using sudocrem. I drink loads of water, and I use Boots Botanics purifying face scrub for normal/oily skin and it seems to be keeping the spots at bay. I've also started using Bio-oil, but it says it can take 3 months to see a real improvement. My skin does look a lot healthier though. (I got a load of burst blood vessels on my face thanks to morning sickness)

ive been using johnson and johnson's 3 in 1 facial scrub.
its really gentle, but seems to be working!

I've been pretty lucky with pimples, but when I do get one, I have a 'Burt's Bees' antiseptic stick speciifcally for pimples and it works really well and is all natural and safe to use.

The only thing to be careful about if you're trying something with tea tree products that you have to be careful if you have animals. Apparently it is harmful to them if they happen to ingest any of that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->